New Castaway/GP 009!

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Get it here:

http://www.codejedi.com/castaway/binaries/gpcst008.zip

Check the README -- you'll need to install STGAMES.TXT to take advantage of the new stuff.

Pushign SELECT will look the selected disk image up in the database and show you the games that are on it, if a match is found. You can also delete disk images right from the disk selection screen, now :)

I will publish a tool ASAP to let people add to the database, so that we can grow it, and maybe after a week or two we'll have all the disks covered ;) (yeah right ;)

The database as is now includes about 600 disks I think; almost all of the Automaiton disks, but few other groups, and few standalone games. Time to grow the database :) I've still got some files to merge in though, I think.

jeff

i thought you had a todo list of 650 items, jeff? how could we be running out of things to add? ;)

when will focus shift from emu options to compatibility of the emu core? after the source code has been released?

so many questions!

Axeman posted on May 9 2003 said:
I think this is 008..

A typo Jeff?

:)
Naaah; 007, 007.1, 008, so right on track. Yesterdays could've been 008 to be on calendar days, but it wasn't worth a whole point. Or did I lose another day? :)

Ah well, can't keep the release-per-day up forever, so 008 is on the 9th, and who knows when 010 will be :) I'm hoping ti can sit for a bvit, and I can upgrade the games database for awhile (since you can upgrade it without updating the castaway main binary :)

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
stickofjoy posted on May 9 2003 said:
i thought you had a todo list of 650 items, jeff? how could we be running out of things to add? ;)

when will focus shift from emu options to compatibility of the emu core? after the source code has been released?

so many questions!
650 items for my personal and main projects todo list (ie: The porojects that pay the bills ;)

Castaway's list is pretty short, as its come pretty darned far and I've checked off most of the todos already :)

The emu core.. I can only do so much with, I think, due to real life time limits; I'm already spending far too much time hacking on Castaway when my other projects (that pay the bills) are falling behind :) So likely things will slow down in the castaway core for awhile. Theres some fixes and things I hope to attack to bring some more games compatible.. but its already pretty solid.

As to the source, it'll come out probably after the competition ends; I want to let it out after I've stopped mucking in it every day (ie: doesnt' help anyone much if I'm chanfging it all the time, so its constantly out of date). Since the conterst is in a month or so, it seems a good time.. I'll likely have run out of "easy" things to fix, so I can make a nice source bundle and pop it out, and then work on fixes and such.

jeff

Woops, I see.. didnt' notice I mistyped the heading. Yeah, its release 8 as in the filename. Doh :)

"Doh, a deer, a female deer..."

jeff

Jeff, any chance of adding a nice Fuji logo when the emu fires up? Just like TOS 2 did on the Falcon?

stickofjoy posted on May 9 2003 said:
Jeff, any chance of adding a nice Fuji logo when the emu fires up? Just like TOS 2 did on the Falcon?
yeah, I've been planning somethign like that.. I'm thinking a big fuji logo with fire coming up around it.. you know, cheesie 80's style ST demo fire :) A plasma effect..

jeff

Woooooooooooot! So what version we on at the moment?!?!?

I'm lost... please... help... me..... please.....................

Back