New Additions To The Prboom Wad Collection

Neil L said:
Is this the Selector you need?

http://lostsite.altervista.org/wiz/?p=1052

Cheers, Neil
No, I need a multiple option selector that my wrapper creates command parsing in. Kounchs' selector allowed me to create unlimited command options. That made the scripting part easy for me to include the many options to run doom with. So I have another idea for you guys. I use gmenu2x like this for example (can be adapted for prboom):

title=Doom 2
description=Doom Interpreter - best of Doom II addon pwads
icon=/mnt/sd/gmenu2x/skins/Liquido/icons/doom2.png
exec=/mnt/sd/game/interpreters/zdoom/zdoom_mods_gmenu2x.gpe
params=doom2 [selFile]
manual=/mnt/sd/game/interpreters/zdoom/2xZdoom220.txt
clock=200
selectordir=/mnt/sd/game/interpreters/zdoom/gmenu/mods/doom2/
selectorfilter=.png
selectorscreens=/mnt/sd/game/interpreters/zdoom/gmenu/mods/doom2/
selectoraliases=/mnt/sd/game/interpreters/zdoom/gmenu/_doom2_mods.txt

zdoom_mods_gmenu2x.gpe

#!/bin/bash

/mnt/sd/apps/loadscreen /mnt/sd/apps/loading.bmp

files=""
iwad=""
deh=""
warp=""
skill=""
lvl=$3

if [ "$1" = "" ] ; then
iwad=doom2
else
iwad=$1
fi

shift

if [ -f wad/$iwad/$1.wad ] ; then
files="-file wad/$iwad/$1.wad"
fi

if [ -f wad/$iwad/$1.pk3 ] ; then
files="-file wad/$iwad/$1.pk3"
fi

for addon in levels music graphics
do
if [ -f wad/$iwad/$1_$addon.wad ] ; then
files="$files wad/$iwad/$1_$addon.wad"
fi
done

if [ -f wad/$iwad/$1.deh ] ; then
deh="-deh wad/$iwad/$1.deh"
fi

if [ -f wad/$iwad/$1.warp ] ; then
warp="-warp `cat wad/$iwad/$1.warp`"
fi

if [ -f wad/$iwad/$1.skill ] ; then
skill="-skill `cat wad/$iwad/$1.skill`"
fi

exec ./2xZdoom220 -iwad wad/$iwad.wad $deh $files $lvl $warp $skill

Last edited by a moderator:
fett42 said:
jjoepr said:
I can get all the doom 1 wads to run but the doom 2 total conversion wads just kick me back out to the main wiz menu

Do you have the full version WAD for Doom 2? If not you will need it. If you do, try deleting the prboom folder and all of it's contents from your SD card. Then put everything back on the card. I know it sounds like a pain in the butt, but I've done this before and it sometimes fixes a program that sends you back to the main menu.

Yes I have the full version of doom & doom 2 i'll try to delete and reinstall.

The only two download links working are the last two. But apparently the NewsWeez link works, so I'll just get 'em from there.

fett42 said:
Hello, I've spent most of the night going through various Doom 2 WADs. So far I've only come across a few that work. I thought I'd post those for people to download in case they want some new Doom levels to play. I didn't create these WADs, so I included the original TXT file with both of them which gives credit to the WAD creator. I created a gpe file for each WAD. So everything is ready to go. Just put the files in the proper folders. One other thing you'll need is doom2.wad. At the bottom I included a link to NewsWeez. There you can download prboom with WADs for Doom 1, Doom 2, Plutonia, TNT, and Twilight.

Alien Vendetta is the first WAD I found that works with prboom. It includes 32 new levels of Doom 2 action. This is one of the best megawads released to date.

Download Alien Vendetta

Installation:
Place the av.gpe in the prboom directory. Place the av.wad file in the wad folder. Run Alien Vendetta by choosing av.gpe.

Scythe is the other WAD I found that works with prboom. It also includes 32 new levels for Doom 2. This is also a very nice megawad. Maybe not quite as good as Alien Vendetta, but it's still pretty good.

Download Scythe

Installation:
Place the scythe.gpe in the prboom directory. Place the scythe.wad file in the wad folder. Run Scythe by choosing scythe.gpe.

NEW

Doom 64! This doom total conversion attempt to recreate Doom 64 from the Nintendo 64. It works with Doom 2 just like the others. The textures aren't up to par with Doom 64, but it is still an awesome conversaion.

Download Doom 64

Installation:
Place the doom64.gpe in the prboom directory. Place the doom64.wad file in the wad folder. Run Doom 64 by choosing doom64.gpe.

As stated above, the doom2.wad is needed for all of these files to work with prboom. You can find it included in Doom Pack 1 on this site:

NewsWeez - Downloads Section

-----

Star Trek Doom, totally convert Doom into a Star Trek adventure. Doom2.wad is required to play it.

Download Star Trek Doom

Installation:
Place the startrek2.gpe in the prboom directory. Place the startrek2.wad file in the wad folder. Run Star Trek by choosing startrek2.gpe.

Star Wars Doom, take on the Empire in this total conversion! Unlike the other Doom wads above, this one requires doom1.wad. Doom2.wad will not work.

Download Star Wars Doom

Installation:
Place the starwars.gpe in the prboom directory. Place the starwars.wad file in the wad folder. Run Star Wars by choosing starwars.gpe.

007 Goldeneye is a remake of the Nintendo 64 game Goldeneye. It does a pretty good job remaking Goldeneye using Doom 2 as a basis.

Download 007 Goldeneye

Installation:
Place the 007goldeneye.gpe in the prboom directory. Place the 007goldeneye.wad file in the wad folder. Run 007 Goldeneye by choosing 007goldeneye.gpe.

Simpsons Doom is not a total conversion. It uses the Doom levels but changes the monsters into Simpsons characters and adds Simpsons sounds. Some of the textures have been modified as well. There are two versions included, one for Doom and another for Doom 2.

Download Simpsons Doom

I have included Simpsons Doom for Doom 1 and Doom 2. Run simpsons.gpe to play the game with Doom 1 levels, and run simpsons2.gpe to play the game with Doom 2 levels. Two wads are included in this download, one for each version. You will need doom1.wad for Simpsons Doom 1 and doom2.wad for Simpsons Doom 2.

Lego Doom is another one that isn't a total conversion. Doom monsters have been replaced with lego characters and weapons have been replaced to look like lego weapons. Some textures in the game have been changed to look like stuff from legos. This will work with either Doom 1 or Doom 2.

Download Lego Doom

Lego Doom will work with Doom 1 and Doom 2. Run legodoom.gpe to play using Doom 1 levels, and run legodoom2.gpe to play using Doom 2 levels. Only one wad is included with this download since it is all you need besides doom1.wad and doom2.wad.

Blood is a total conversion for Doom. I never heard of the game Blood, but this is a really nice Doom conversion, although it is pretty hard. You start out with a pitchfork rather than a gun.

Download Blood

Installation:
Place the blood.gpe in the prboom directory. Place the blood.wad file in the wad folder. Run Blood by choosing blood.gpe.

The Darkening is a total conversion of Doom 2. I only played the first level so far, but it is set up really nice. This is worth a try for Doom 2 fans.

Download The Darkening

Installation:
Place the darken.gpe in the prboom directory. Place the darken.wad file in the wad folder. Run The Darkening by choosing darken.gpe.

Earth is different from other Doom 2 conversions I've tried. You start out overlooking the ocean washing in and out from the shore. You soon come up some ruins and then a cave in the wall with monsters. It's a pretty cool conversion in my opinion.

Download Earth

Installation:
Place the earth.gpe in the prboom directory. Place the earth.wad file in the wad folder. Run Earth by choosing earth.gpe.

Newest Conversions:

A Fistful of Doom is a western remake of Doom similar to the movie A Fistful of Dollars. This is the first "experimental" WAD I've worked on for prboom on the Wiz. I took the original doom2.wad and installed the wads for A Fistful of Doom into the original doom2.wad. So this wad doesn't require you to use the original doom2.wad. This process isn't working with everything, but I got this one to work.

Download A Fistful of Doom

Installation:
Place fistful.gpe in the prboom directory. Place the fistful.wad file in the wad folder. Run A Fistful of Doom by choosing fistful.gpe.

Batman Doom for Doom 2 is probably my favorite conversion out of the ones I posted here. I have been trying for a while now to get this one working on the Wiz. Finally today I got it running properly. That is, finally the blue key drops from the masked guy on the subway train AND the graphics aren't all messed up. I got this working properly one other time as far as graphics go, but could never get the blue key in the subway. Most of it was just luck though, I finally found a file set that would work on the Wiz. Anyway, Batman Doom pretty much says it all. You're Batman, you fight criminals, and you're super cool. This file set requires doom2.wad. I'm using version 1.9 of the doom2.wad. If you don't have version 1.9 you can upgrade it with a patch. It may work with older versions, but it is untested.

Download Batman Doom

Installation:
Place batman.gpe in the prboom directory. Place batman.wad and batman.deh files in the wad folder. Run Batman Doom by choosing batman.gpe.

Half-Life Doom Super Pack is a collection of standalone Doom conversions that recreate Half-Life weapons, monsters, and textures. There are a total of 14 different Half-Life Doom games in the pack. All you need is prboom, doom1.wad and doom2.wad are not needed for these files to work on the Wiz.

Download the Half-Life Doom Super Pack

-----

IWad Patcher

Need a different version of an official Doom or Doom 2 wad? Go here and get the wad patcher: Download IWad Patcher. Remember to backup your original wad file before updating it.
Hey fett42. Im DYING to see Nintendo Doom and Disney Doom run on the WIZ! Have you tested these? Also, I would love to know how to create .gpe files myself. Keep up the good work!

is anyone been able to run the TC mr smiley head safari? it has been reported that works in the nintendo ds prboom port, and i can play it on the windows port of prboom, but i just can't make it work on the caanoo...

i've tried this two methods (crating 2 gpe files), with no luck.

#!/bin/sh
echo 2 > /proc/cpu/alignment
./prboom -config prboom.cfg -iwad wad/doom.wad -file wad/doom3.wad > prboom.log.txt 2>&1
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

and

#!/bin/sh

./prboom -config prboom.cfg -iwad doom.wad -file doom3.wad
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec ./gp2xmenu

any suggestions??

sorry my grammar if I made a mistake, english is not my native language

Back