New Accessory: External buttons for MP3 control

Would you buy one?

• Total voters

i would prefer a clip on piece that adds buttons for play/pause, ff/skip, fr/back, L2, R2, a hold switch, a trrs connector with audio and video, and another usb port if it uses the pandoras usb port. if you could power the usb port like a powered hub that would be a major extra.

id pay at least 40US$ if it did all that

without trrs a/v, and usb port its not worth it to me because you would have to remove it all the time to use video out, charge it, use usb peripherals etc. and there are blue tooth wireless solutions.

without trrs a/v, and usb port its not worth it to me because you would have to remove it all the time to use video out, charge it, use usb peripherals etc. and there are blue tooth wireless solutions.
This would not use the USB port (thus your USB port is available, for charging and using peripherals etc) and video will be available.

RE: Clip on

Initially I will not be producing clip on accessories. These will come once I have had a bit of income from the MP3 controllers.

RE: Buttons

If I understood correctly you wanted three plus L2 and R2?

RE: Hold Switch

No problem! Will probably have a mute switch along with volume control.

RE: TRS Connector.

This is planned.

RE: Video

I can include video out without too much difficulty.

RE: USB

This would not use the USB port it would use the other port next to it. I recommend using a dedicated USB hub. Adding USB capabilities to this would be costly, complicated and redundant. But if required it may happen.

RE: L2 R2

This will probably be a separate product which would be very affordable.

RE: Using other accessories.

This would only take up the EXT port, video out would be available probably through a dedicated TRS connector.

RE: Cost

I can not yet give a price, but I am confident that you will like the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are willing to make them with different configurations i would be interested. i really dont want to have to switch it out and carry different accessories around to use play/pause, etc., and l2/r2. tac switches are fine for me. im not so interested in volume or mute. can you pull 5v out of the ext or the otg port?

if you are willing to make them with different configurations i would be interested. i really dont want to have to switch it out and carry different accessories around to use play/pause, etc., and l2/r2. tac switches are fine for me. im not so interested in volume or mute. can you pull 5v out of the ext or the otg port?

RE: 5v

You cannot pull 5v from the ext port, I am unsure about the OTG port, I suspect no. Why do you ask?

RE: Configurations

The first accessory I intend to produce is going to be purely a MP3 remote on a cable in line with headphones. This will include a few buttons, volume control (including mute) and headphone port. I should be able to add an extra features like video out and something to connect L2R2 buttons to.

The second accessory will be a clip on device intended primarily to be L2 R2 buttons. I will be able to add buttons for MP3 control as well as video out along with many other options (much more space to work with).

Back