New 3d App!

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Ive decided to make this announcement public today :)
After a bit of debug and rework doom3 is now running on nanogl! As you might have known Craig mentioned some hints at some commercial projects, well this was one of them. After some negotiation ID released the engine source to us, we cant release the source or binaries publicly yet, but its allowed us to get started on it.

After a few hacks its running at about 15 fps! Not bad for a first try. The hope is to redo the engine for opengl-es 2.0 to get more performance out of the SGX.

I hope to make a video tonight. Another good day for pandora ;-)

Yes, Pickle did a tremendous job on this! After some work, it worked fine on my Beagle. However I had to overclock it to 800 MHz to reach 15 FPS. It looks like the Pandora has some magic the Beagle lacks.

DOOM3 at 15fps ??

That's awesome. :D

Splendid job everybody !

And kudos to ID for being constantly supportive of open-source movement. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Laurent said:
Yes, Pickle did a tremendous job on this! After some work, it worked fine on my Beagle. However I had to overclock it to 800 MHz to reach 15 FPS. It looks like the Pandora has some magic the Beagle lacks.
I forget were you running it higher than 800x480? That might have been one reason.

I'm sceptical, but this is believable, and very awesome B)

If Pickle can't do it no one can

Intresting that he mentioned it might be a commerical port

I'm kinda guessing this may be a pay to download affair - which I doubt many of us would mind paying for

Great work - and lets see a vid soon!

'Pickle' said:
'Laurent' said:
I forget were you running it higher than 800x480? That might have been one reason.

Silly me, I ran it at 800x600. Sometimes I feel so dumb :(

RajTakhar said:
Intresting that he mentioned it might be a commerical port

thats cause they havnt released the source like they usually do, doing it this way lets us get a head start. Once ID releases the source publicly then we can do the same :)

These fools always get me all exited even though I know they aren't true : x

I consider this plausible, yet unlikely, since id will be releasing the Doom 3 source within another year or so anyway. [I heard 2009, but my memory isn't good]

Back