NesterGP Released

so far balloon fight plays perfect with sound
same as battletoads now!
i love this emu!
try it now!!!!!!!!!! :D

Just tried it...

FUCKING EXCELLENT

Not full speed yet, auto frameskip makes it a bit choppy, but the full screen modes are great! ALL EMULATORS MUST INCLUDE THESE! =D

Sound is nice as well! Excellent emulator!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
the site is down :( this sucks, a lot, times 5, to the fifth power, times 6..............
someone set up a mirror or an ftp or SOMETHING :unsure:
please!!!!!!

but the site is up and running.....i just dl'ed it again to make sure like 5 sec ago.... :huh:

I finally know what it feels like to be in love.

The full-screen mode is blessing from God!!

All it needs is some speed optimization and I don't think I could ever let this go.

Heres a list of games that ive just tried, they either work perfect or are close
(no SMB3 does not work that well :( sad ):
excitebike
double dragon 2,
gyruss
Super Mario Bros. 2!!!
Mario Bros.
Mega Man 1+2 (the others work "ok" but not as good as the first 2)
Master Blaster
Metal Gear
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden 2 + 3 (dont have 1 at the moment)
Prince of Persia
Punch-Out!!
River City Ransom
Road Blasters
RoboCop 1+2
Rush n' Attack
Shatter Hand
Snakes Revenge
Snow Bros.
Spy Hunter
Super Mario Bros (not as smooth as i like but hey close enough)
TMNT 2

Does it support zipped ROMs? I'm about to do an NES SMC and want to know if I should unzip stuff or not. :)

No, zip support must be added.

This emu is fantastic (a bit slow) and I'd say that the compatibility is almost perfect.

Ok heres a few more
Donkey Kong (orignal, 3, and jr.)
Little Nemo (omg the first scene makes that green guy sound like a huge perv, just read it and see haha)
Zelda ( 2 didnt boot for me)
Castlevania games (not perfect, simon walks with a limp in the first one)
Castlelian (though the game is frustrating)
Burai Fighter
Bubble Bobble (1 and 2, dunno about rainbow islands, guessing it works)
BomberMan 2
Batman
Yoshi

Some games dont have mappers for them i belive (ex: bionic commando)
So they show up messy but this is a WONDERFUL emulator already! :D

Um, the compatibility should be almost the same as it was for dreamcast and most of us would have used that :) it should basically run everything except for a few oddities like some bootlegs and of course, it doesn't run famicom disk system games (.FDS). I think from memory it even runs codemasters games like Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy. I'm also pretty sure there is a compatibility list for the DC on on DC emulation sites, but I'll leave that for someone else to look up :)

I'm not going to go so far as to say it should run the same stuff as PC Nester does, though. Nester runs a lot. More recent unofficial builds like nnnesterj run even more.

For those of you who dont like the loading speed when you get to your rom directory,
dont put all of your roms in the same folder. Try to organize them like A-D and E-G
like that. I did that and the rom lists load much much much faster.
(ive been testing this thing all night :p )
I guess its time for me to finally get some sleep :D
Oh and a heads up to gp32emu.com for the news
(forgot to give credit to where its due)

Great emulator indeed! Great sound and compatibility (except SMB3, wich suffers from a mapper bug). I hope it will get optimized soon, some fast sprite/background blitting code should make it run full framerate I suppose. And perhaps mr_spiv's LCD code :)

/Inopia

Eventually some competition! :)

I did port PocketNester on gp32 (never published it, it's only
on my gp32 and my harddisk ;) and compatibility is great!

However I found it was a bit slow. Perhaps using the asm cpu
core I'll put in ljgp 0.2 can help! Moreover mapper code is
really slow (too much call to set_CPU_bank and set_VRAM_bank,
set_PPU_bank). I think it will be very hard to have fullspeed
and frameskip 0 with sound without a lot of asm rewrite!
I'll try it this evening (no usb on winnt 4 at work :( ).

To people who tried it, how is the framerate ?

Hey. What's this about SMB3 not working?

I've tested it and it appears to work perfect? I've only played through the first world like...am I missing something?

Another Sweet release. I love the menu and the full name roms. Very Very Nice.

YoYoFR - the frame rates are OK for a first release. I noticed maybe 20 - 30 FPS without sound or scaling. With sound things dropped to around 15 FPS, and with scaling as well, you lose a few more FPS. The really good scaling costs even more, but looks amazing.

If you can get Little John to run 60 FPS with sound, now THAT would be awesome. :) I wonder who'll manage it first - LJGP, fNES32 or NesterGP? Hmm...

Apparently it runs faster than Little John GP 0.1 - but since V0.2 seems to be a lot faster, we can't say anything about that :)

MegaMan, Zelda, Kid Icarus and so on is completely playable (pretty smooth indeed) with sound on NesterGP.
Kirby runs a bit slow - but that's one hard to emulate game.

NesterGP already features database support (as LJGP V0.2, when it's out :)) but lacks zip-support.

Well, two great emulators out there, can't wait for fnes32 :)

Back