Nesgp2X For Caanoo

hi thanks for the nes port , seems i came across a small problem too , on games like castlevania its unable to jump and attack at same time

i tried a couple of games that you need to do this the character your controling jumps but doesnt attack

just thought id let you know

and just a minor one , cant seem to get castlevania III going , either crashes the emu or you just have a blank screen on loading , but thats minor really.

thanks again for the port

i put about 800 rom in the rom directory in zip format the emulater refuses to load just a blank screen any ideas?

an other issues I found: I have all the NES roms in one directory, and the file selector shows them only until R letter, maybe there are too many roms in one dir?

Dear Rikku2000, whether it is possible to see the source?
those that are in the archives are incomplete :(

Its only source i change on nesgp2x the source you can find in arcive too under gp2x :)

i have to fix something thats true but i will do it...

glezmen said:
an other issues I found: I have all the NES roms in one directory, and the file selector shows them only until R letter, maybe there are too many roms in one dir?
Yes i had to break mine up into 2 folder #-Q R-Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, seems to be working pretty nicely, but is there any way to quit the emulator once you've started playing a rom? And any way to change the controls? Or is that stuff coming in the alpha release?

NESGP2X for CAANOO - Update v1!!!

Add Diagonal Keys and some Key edits.

Download:
http://u-ac.net/rikku2000/gamedev/

Thorax said:
omg...i think i love u, rikku :p

thanks for fixing this up you always seem to have an new project and i didn't think you'd be back to nesgp2x so fast! anyway you have the button configs wrong. a is b and b is a. i noticed this right away when playing super mario bros. another thing is that it would be great if the home was the universal menu button for everything but that's just my personal preference. again thanks for this!

Last edited by a moderator:
diagonal directions work nicely with update

would like option to return to game & exit to caanoo menu from in game rom selection menu

I took a noticeable performance hit with the update not horrible, but noticeable, not sure what changed other than controls

Will there be an update to this to support overclocking? My main issue with this emulator is that it runs extremely slow. Hopefully an overclocking option would be able to fix that.

I've also run it to ROMs which seem to crash the emulator during load. I'll report back with more information after doing some further tests. I just want to make sure it's not an issue with the ROMs I used, even though they're from a verified No-Intro set.

Back