NES Nintendo World Chamionship cart on ebay

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
NES Nintendo World Chamionship cart on ebay, currently at $88,000. Probably fake bidding but you never know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Nintendo-World-Championship-Cart-RARE-Torn-Label-100-Authentic-Adult-Owned-/221357006206

UPDATE: 2 more carts now up on ebay following the high total for the last one, These are in much better shape and include therarer gold cart

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Nintendo-World-Championship-GOLD-Cart-Super-RARE-100-Authentic-Adult-Owned-/281253143194?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item417bfe629a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Nintendo-World-Championship-Cart-RARE-100-Authentic-GPC-Owned-/301080677503

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea that is fake bidding.  A good condition cart only sells for $18,000

I'm not so sure. The ones with a very small feedback score I could understand being fake, but the ones with hundreds of feedback? And the $90'400 with 1342 feedback or the $60'199 with 1085 feedback? Someone genuinely believes it's worth quite a bit of money. That may be because they aren't aware of any other auctions where the cart is selling for $18'000. Maybe a year ago carts were going for $18'000 but now they are getting rarer, either lost/destroyed or finding their way into permanent collections and thus not going on the market so could be worth the $90'000.

I do have to wonder how many people are going to see this going for such a ridiculous price and grab up a reproduction thinking they're getting a steal.

Every cart that has been on eBay in the last 7 years had fake bidders. IIRC on the last 3 the high bidders didn't pay and the carts were sold privately.

There's no way this is real bidding and there's no way anyone is going to pay over $20,000 for them yet.

Every cart that has been on eBay in the last 7 years had fake bidders
I have absolutely no doubt of that. If you told me the current high bidder was fake I would agree with you without question.If you were to tell me that n***n with 1342 100% positive feedback bidding $90'400 was fake I would not be so quick to accept that.

Yes it's fake because they have absolutely no intention of paying.

They are driving the price up to an unreasonable amount.  Then the auction ends and they don't pay.  Then people submit private offers outside of eBay.

Like I said this was done on all 3 of the last auctions.  

It accomplishes a lot.  Makes it where you don't get outbid for a low amount.  Makes it where you can then do private bartering with the seller .  Allows the seller to avoid eBay and Paypal fees, etc, etc.

The buyer doesn't have to worry about any repercussions. .  The seller will have to cancel the auction after the seller refuses to pay to avoid eBay fees. This has to be accepted by the buyer which he will do. No repercussions, unless he does this a lot.

Unfortunately it is a common practice now.

When a buyer refuses to pay there are no repercussions? That's news to me and would change my opinion on the matter.

Yea I'm a Power Seller so I know about eBay's policies. I've had lots of non paying bidders.

A buyer can refuse to pay for no reason at all. EBay will give them a non paying bidder strike. Three strikes and your account is closed. But all you have to do is re-sign up with a new user name. No repercussions as I said.

No, that's not "no repercussions". Losing your account is potentially a very big problem. Some of these accounts have over 1000 feedback, 100% positive. That is not an easy thing to accomplish. You really think someone would risk that on a lark? If you want to push the price up then create a new account for doing that, you don't use your long standing account which is almost certainly a business account (given the amount of feedback it has).

Yea I'm a Power Seller so I know about eBay's policies. I've had lots of non paying bidders.

A buyer can refuse to pay for no reason at all. EBay will give them a non paying bidder strike. Three strikes and your account is closed. But all you have to do is re-sign up with a new user name. No repercussions as I said.
So how does this work then?

If I would want to ruin your business I could make dozens of  accounts and bid 50000 € for all you products.

I would do this for months and you wouldn't sell anything.

That is three strikes in a year. That doesn't matter if you are only doing this once or twice. So yea it's no big deal.

And yes people do it all the time. The guys that did it on the last 2 NWC carts had good feedback and long standing accounts.

We can go back and forth all day long , but it's a fact. It happens all the time and it happened before with these carts and it's happening right now.

@Askarus Yes you could do that and yes people try. But all the seller does is ban the buyer from his auctions, file a non paying bidder and re list the item. It doesn't really hurt a seller other than waste time. And ebay will review and block ip's for known repeat trouble makers.

It happens all the time and it happened before with these carts and it's happening right now.
I am not doubting that it happens all the time, I'm not doubting that it's happening right now, I'm questioning the assertion that every single bidder is absolutely a fake with no intention of paying, especially those with an obvious interest in not having a black mark against their account.

No they probably weren't at first. But once it went out of control, like probably $25k or so, I would say that it then just became "joke" or "lulz" bidding. It happens so much it's become kind of sad for people who are legitimately thing to sell a rare item.

So there is absolutely no doubt in your mind that someone with well over 1000 positive feedback would risk making that high of a bid knowing full well they had no intention of paying for it?

Yes, as I have clearly stated there is no risk. If he wins and does not pay, he get's a strike.  Whoopie frickin do.  It's not like that matters at all.  

And I have seen it happen ALL the time.  I follow Rare video game auctions, several a year.  People with thousands of feedback do it, people with no feedback do it. 

I 100% guarantee the high bidder does not pay.

I 100% guarantee the high bidder does not pay.
Never doubted that for a second.I still don't believe that there isn't a single person in that list bidding up 60/80/90 thousand that doesn't believe it is worth what they're bidding though and might pay if they actually won; I am 100% certain that they never will though.

Adult owned, ripped label, rip off.

Last edited:
I did notice that wikipedia mentioned one of the last carts being sold on ebay for a charity auction (World Vision) didn't end up being paid for by the top bidder.  To be honest I'm surprised people would pay much for a NES cart that wasn't released and wasn't a unique game.  You think you would draw the line somewhere in regards to what you would collect and what constitutes a valid cart in the NES collection.  I suppose people are looking at it, as a cart Nintendo produced. 

Well the auction just ended on $99,902

Adult owned, ripped label, rip off.
I don't get your "adult owned" comment? Surely most people who own NES carts are adults now?
It's in his description on ebay...don't blame me!!!!!!! Read the link first!!

Usually what a seller means by "adult owned" is that there have been no kids that have perhaps placed an insect in the cart, upchucked which would leave the item with a dried post residue of the vomitus. Or perhaps dried  fecal matter,baby food smears, and of course crayon markings from a previous tike mishap.

Sometimes a seller will say " from a smoke free home"....I guess that means there is no nicotine residue on the item?? I also have read quite a bit "From a pet free household". It boggles the imagination.

I am not defending it just stating what is typed on ebay.

Actually ,believe it or not, one of the first items I ever ordered on ebay was a Sega Game Gear in a official case with many games. When it arrived I opened the case only to find copious amounts of animals hairs inside!!! I literally vacuumed it all out.

True story.

Rant over.

Last edited:
Back