Neogeo Emulation On The Dingoo

J3SteR82

Still Fresh
I just made a simular post in the wiz forums. I was wondering if the dingoo can run all neogeo games at full speed with sound? If so im getting this over the wiz.. Games like garou mark of the wolfs and the newer kofs... Any glitches too or is it perfect? Thanks!

I'd say it runs all games at full speed fs0 to fs1 at (overclocked) 400 mhz...better than mame currently runs neo geo on wiz - although I expect when a dedicated wiz neo emulator surfaces, it will run better. Then again, when the dingoo scene starts to bubble, I'd also expect (or hope) the dingoo will run neogeo perfectly at fs0 with an optimised emulator.

Presently, however, garou runs *very* nicely in the dingoo at fs1 :) Blazing star, pulstar, the metal slug games, and last blade also run very nicely indeed.

Cheers
Simon

Thanks for the reply! I think im going to get a black dingoo. Is overclocking easy? Any reports of dingos dying from overclocking?

overclocking is exceptionally easy, and there have been no reports (that I know of) of any harm to dingoos due to overclocking. In my experience many neo-geo games run very well already and look amazing on it's screen. It is worth mentioning that once an end-user linux package gets released (which it probably will be by the time you get yours, lol) that mame will be ported soon thereafter (so no more rom conversion & better compatibility/speed/etc, like simon said (lol)). I played through most of the metal slugs on the dingoo & it was sheer bliss =]

Edit: oh & KOF 2001 plays perfect, and I think someone has a working 2002 as well

. I played through most of the metal slugs on the dingoo & it was sheer bliss =]

Edit: oh & KOF 2001 plays perfect, and I think someone has a working 2002 as well
most everthing works...

what dont is MS5 , SS4 or 5 ??, all raster gfx games (sidekicks, RAcing hero) and viewpoint
hell even sengoku 3 works :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just made a simular post in the wiz forums. I was wondering if the dingoo can run all neogeo games at full speed with sound? If so im getting this over the wiz.. Games like garou mark of the wolfs and the newer kofs... Any glitches too or is it perfect? Thanks!
I would chill for a couple of weeks.

If GnGeo is ported from the GP2X to Wiz it will be a far superior emu to what is out on the Dingoo. Of course the dingoo version may be updated too, so that is why I say wait to see what happens. The Wiz has double the RAM of the Dingoo and NeoGeo games are big so that could also effect performance and/or compatibility.

On the GP2X GnGeo runs everything at fullspeed and FS 0 with a bit of overclock. This includes ALL of the Metal Slug games Viewpoint etc. So at 533 MHz the Wiz will only run them better than the GP2X.

You don't want to rush into something and find a week later that the better emu came out on the system you didn't get.

That list is out of date, for instance kof2002, kof2003 and all the metal slug roms play fine.

centrlink said:
I'd say it runs all games at full speed fs0 to fs1 at (overclocked) 400 mhz...better than mame currently runs neo geo on wiz - although I expect when a dedicated wiz neo emulator surfaces, it will run better. Then again, when the dingoo scene starts to bubble, I'd also expect (or hope) the dingoo will run neogeo perfectly at fs0 with an optimised emulator.

Presently, however, garou runs *very* nicely in the dingoo at fs1 :) Blazing star, pulstar, the metal slug games, and last blade also run very nicely indeed.

Cheers
Simon

Can you use the regular roms or do you have to use the strange roms the older chipods used (ngo files or something)?

christo930 said:
Can you use the regular roms or do you have to use the strange roms the older chipods used (ngo files or something)?
You have to convert them to the mvs format.

Heh.. do you have to shit up every dingoo thread with a recommendation to buy a Wiz DaveC? ;)

Personally I've found the Dingoo Neogeo emulator to be unplayable. For example KoF2008 runs in slow motion, the sound is way out of sync, etc. (I have an MVS cabinet so probably have a bit more Neogeo playing experience than most). I've played a couple of other games but have pretty much gave up on it because it just seems so "off" .

Hopefully FBA will do a better job.

kof2008 ? Never heard of that one. Didn't the yearly release stopped at 2003 ?

n00body said:
kof2008 ? Never heard of that one. Didn't the yearly release stopped at 2003 ?

Oops.. meant '98, of course. Keep forgetting how old those games are.
Yes 03 was the last MVS version, and the last yearly one.

Did you try it with a600 overclocking app ? it work really well with the neogeo and cps emus.

RobertG said:
Heh.. do you have to shit up every dingoo thread with a recommendation to buy a Wiz DaveC? ;)

Ha, good old DaveC. Pre-Wiz he was insisting the OLED screen would practically self destruct within 3 months, now it's the reason to get a Wiz over anything else :D

His replacement GP2X joystick cap was awesome though, and he's also right about screen scaling in emulators (IMO, before someone gets pissy), so he's not all bad.

fishybawb said:
RobertG said:

Ha, good old DaveC. Pre-Wiz he was insisting the OLED screen would practically self destruct within 3 months, now it's the reason to get a Wiz over anything else :D

His replacement GP2X joystick cap was awesome though, and he's also right about screen scaling in emulators (IMO, before someone gets pissy), so he's not all bad.

Although admittedly there have been quite a few people that have had issues with the OLED screen slowly dying via spreading dead pixels, so he's kinda right in that regard. Time will tell in terms of the longevity of the screen itself though.

RobertG said:
Every one? Exagerate much?

Actually I didn't even make "a recommendation to buy a Wiz" in THIS thread even :rolleyes:

The OP said he was wondering how BOTH ran NeoGeo. Knowing that NG ran perfect on a GP2X, and the Wiz is faster than a GP2X I could imagine it being perfect on the Wiz. I also know that Cyclone would not work on a Dingoo and also that the Dingoo had half the RAM of the Wiz. Also I knew that porting from GP2X to Wiz was relatively easy so perfect NG on Wiz was a strong possibility. So in the end the probability of NG being better (which the OP wanted to know)on the Wiz was greater. Also if you would actually read the actual post and not what you wanted to think I said, I mentioned it would be better to wait to see what happens. I also even mentioned that NG on the Dingoo may improve too. There was no "buy a Wiz" statement anywhere.

As it turns out, you will be happy to learn that although logic was on my side the Wiz port turned out bad. The sound is all distorted. That is some kind of bug but who knows if it will ever be fixed. I use FBA and Neo CD for NG as the sound is better there.

Enverex said:
Although admittedly there have been quite a few people that have had issues with the OLED screen slowly dying via spreading dead pixels, so he's kinda right in that regard. Time will tell in terms of the longevity of the screen itself though.
There weren't that many with the problem and that was due to defective screens or screens that the user cracked (don't count) and not longevity. OLEDs will gradually wear out over years of use, not this soon.

DaveC said:
Every one? Exagerate much?

Actually I didn't even make "a recommendation to buy a Wiz" in THIS thread even :rolleyes:

Take it easy man, the "wink" meant I was joking. Peace.

Back