Neogeo Bios Rom

I haven't used Neogeo yet but usually you put it in the \pandora\appdata\appname foler appname being the name of your app :)

I presume your talking about Gngeo rather than mame? If its Gngeo it goes \pandora\appdata\appname\bios and the files have to be unzipped. If its for mame then files zipped - \pandora\appdata\appname or wherever you keep your roms.

Yes I'm talking about Gngeo and I have the bios in the exact path you mention but it come up with a message saying "It seems that the important path parameters are not all valid. bla bla bla.....correct values should be specified for the emulation to work. Press OK to do so"....then I press OK and it takes me to 'important path configuration'....it says 'No Bios' and when I try to specify the path it comes up with "Sorry, this configuration cannot be saved because one or more parameters does not look valid"

My bios file is neo-geo.rom, does it sound like I have the correct file? Do I need to rename it?

NickLoTurco said:
Yes I'm talking about Gngeo and I have the bios in the exact path you mention but it come up with a message saying "It seems that the important path parameters are not all valid. bla bla bla.....correct values should be specified for the emulation to work. Press OK to do so"....then I press OK and it takes me to 'important path configuration'....it says 'No Bios' and when I try to specify the path it comes up with "Sorry, this configuration cannot be saved because one or more parameters does not look valid"

My bios file is neo-geo.rom, does it sound like I have the correct file? Do I need to rename it?
Gngeo 0.7 need the folowing files:
sfix.sfx
000-lo.lo
vs-bios.rom (If you configure gngeo to use a Japanese Bios, with --country option)
usa_2slt.bin (for USA)
asia-s3.rom (for ASIA)
sp-s2.sp1 (for EUROPE)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not getting any complaints about the bios location, but no roms are appearing in the frontend. I have the GAME rom sets that worked with GP2X - each set of files zipped. The important path config dialog shows green ticks next to the bios, rom drives, and gngeo exec directory.

Does it matter that the game roms aren't within the pandora directory, but somewhere else on my card? Many thanks for any help!

midget35 said:
I'm not getting any complaints about the bios location, but no roms are appearing in the frontend. I have the GAME rom sets that worked with GP2X - each set of files zipped. The important path config dialog shows green ticks next to the bios, rom drives, and gngeo exec directory.

Does it matter that the game roms aren't within the pandora directory, but somewhere else on my card? Many thanks for any help!

Well... I took the spaces out any folders leading up to the rom directory and the list appeared. Hope this helps someone else :)

Great emu by the way!

Just in case anyone else gets caught out like I did by pressing the start key when the emu says 'press start' here are the key bindings which were tucked away in the Devs Corner GnGeo thread.

Keybindings

Key on NeoGeo - Key on Pandora

U,D,L,R - DPAD
A - A
B - X
C - B
D - Y
Coin - 4
P1 - 1 (Start)
Reset - F1
Screenshot - F2
Testmode - F3
Show FPS - F5
Slowmotion - F6
Save - F8
Load - F9
Toggle Autoframeskip - F10
Sleep Idle - F11
Toggle Fullscreen - F12
Exit - Esc

I got into the emulator and got the list of my roms on the frontend, when I try to select a game it's still asking me for the sfx.sfix bios even though it's already accepted that I've got it and it's already in by bios folder....ideas?

NickLoTurco said:
I got into the emulator and got the list of my roms on the frontend, when I try to select a game it's still asking me for the sfx.sfix bios even though it's already accepted that I've got it and it's already in by bios folder....ideas?

Check the file name, mine was called sfix.sfix renamed it to sfix.sfx and all was well.

ive managed to set everything up in gnegeo, but some games are missing graphics. eg the sprites and backgrounds in kof99 and last blade 2 are missing. is this likely to be a because the bios roms i have are corrupt? alternatively - is there a display setting im missing?

thanks for any guidance - really starting to love the pandora!

I can't actually get kof99 to run at all. Last blade 2 runs fine for me, no missing graphics. Not sure what could be causing it. No extra gfx settings that I'm aware of, just the ones under global emulation/display

I have noticed a few bugs here and there, some games are unplayable and some wont run at all. I started to make a list in the existing Gngeo thread in Developers' Corner but I don't think anyone noticed it. If you want to add to the list please do :)

midget35 said:
ive managed to set everything up in gnegeo, but some games are missing graphics. eg the sprites and backgrounds in kof99 and last blade 2 are missing. is this likely to be a because the bios roms i have are corrupt? alternatively - is there a display setting im missing?

thanks for any guidance - really starting to love the pandora!

Had a similar problem with Pulstar, downloaded a different version of the ROM and it was fine. Not sure what the problem was with the old ROM as it ran fine on GnGeo on the GP2X.

Some romset made for the gp2x don't contain sprites because thez where in a separate .gfx file
So if you get no sprites at all, use a different romset.

Pepone.

pepone said:
Some romset made for the gp2x don't contain sprites because thez where in a separate .gfx file
So if you get no sprites at all, use a different romset.

Pepone.

Thanks Pepone, that makes sense. Will have a look for a more compatible romset, err, redump my original $200 Neo Geo carts I mean ;)

Got a couple of weird issues such as Neo Turf Masters golf over hitting drives and under hitting putts could that sort of thing be related to the rom as well, or will it be an emulator problem?

Back