NEO GEO Emulators?!

Lord Namsu

Website
Visit site
I have just bought a GP32 :D I should get it in a few days and have downloaded about 100meg worth of game from many platforms for it.

I read somewhere that NEORAGE work on the gp32, Will this allow my to play NEO GEO games, e.g. Metal Slug, etc.

I think you have been misinformed, there are currently no NEOGEO emulators for the GP32 :(

Um crazeeplaya just gave you a pretty sold answer when he said that there are no neo-geo emulators for the gp32. That means that you won't be able to play neo-geo games on the gp32. Metal slug is a neo-geo game and since there are no neo-geo emulators for the gp32 then that pretty much means that you won't be able to play it.

Except on NGPC, which might happen at some stage... But there's still no working emus for it. Yet. (Except for NeoPop, but that's slow as hell, and impossible to get hold of atm).

Actually Metal Slug was also an arcade game or at least i'm pretty sure it was so i will be able to as i have seen arcade emulators on the internet. :p

There is a NGPC emulator available now. Metal Slug works on it , but it's still pretty slow.

actually, hes half right

Metal Slug did come out in the arcade, but only on snk's neogeo hardware. I suspect you think it'll work because you can get it for mame, but even the mame version runs off mame neogeo emulation

there is no neogeo emulation (except the above mentioned NGPC stuff) so you cant play metal slug, arcade version or otherwise

:blink:

GUYS WAKE UP!!!!

we will all get to play Metal Slug on our GP32 (hopefully) thanks to Iceman!!! [Iceman you rule]
I remember asking the community if we could play it via emulation just like the person above did and i got criticized and insulted saying stuff like "you moron"

Now i will leave it at I knew we could, and I told you so!

MAME (and XCade) for GP32 play about a dozen games -- stuff like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong. Not Metal Slug.

I think he might be confused on some things. True metal slug games can be run on a computer but that is much diffrent than the gp32. Emulators for the pc will not work on the gp32 they must be created or ported to work on the gp32. So since it can be played on the pc dose not mean that it will work on the gp32. As well an arcade emulator for the gp32 does not mean that it can play every game that came out in the arcade. As well the neo-geo was a home console and an arcade machine they were pretty much the identical hardware and neither one can be played on the gp32 and I would not hold my breath for one to come out any time soon. It seems that this guy is a bit confused or just not informed enough about the state of things on the gp32 or how emulation works in genral and I think there are many more questions that need to be answered for you to compleatly understand things than I can answer in this rambling post.

Back