Need to re-register GP32 to my computer

GP32 Kirby

Website
Visit site
Hi.. my computer broke earlier today, and I was forced down to one option to fix it: recover and restore the damned machine and it's OS. (Windows XP.. damn that Bill Gates.. :()

Anyhow as I already have a registered GP32 and no longer is the computer itself registered to transfer files to my GP32 via the PC link program, I require to know exactly how I should go about doing this to get my PC link up and running again (Incase i screw something up, like I always do :huh:)

Like i said I'm using XP, so unlike previous versions of Windows I might encounter a problem or two (like I did when first registering my GP32 to the computer)

No, actually your computer never gets registered. It just needs some drivers likely as not - either use the 2K/XP official ones, or Firefly's XP set; either will get transfers working again.

I use my pc at home (XP) and sometimes my pc at work (98) to trasfer files to my gp32.Never had any probs

Could someone actually link me to the drivers and the PC link program themselves? The GP32 website's bein a bitch and wont let me download them (everytime i go to the download section it asks me to sign in, and when i do that i just go back to the main homepage) :(

GP32 Kirby posted on Jul 18 2003 said:
Could someone actually link me to the drivers and the PC link program themselves? The GP32 website's bein a bitch and wont let me download them (everytime i go to the download section it asks me to sign in, and when i do that i just go back to the main homepage) :(
This happened to me the 1st time I tried to register. I closed my browser, opened it up again, deleted all my cookies, then went back to the site. It worked after that. I honestly don't know if it was restarting the browser, deleting the cookies, or just plain luck. The english site is up and down a lot it seems. You may just have to try later and hope it's working correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, got it running again, thanks for the help, I'll keep this in mind for the future if it happens again ;)

Back