Need A Small Pmp For Work

KoH

I started a new job a couple of weeks ago, the hard thing i have to do there is actually finding something to do. I have spent the last 2 weeks getting paid to do absolutely nothing. so to make my days more intresting I am looking for a small portable video player so I can take tv series and films to work and get paid to watch them allday instead of sitting there doing nothing.

I dont want anything to big and chunky (the gp2x would be to big to fit in my trouser pockets), It needs to have a nice screen on it and be able to play 25fps/29fps with a high video bitrate and no lagging.

I do like the nokia n95, I know its a phone and not a pmp but the spec's are pretty impressive!!!

list me some pmp's please........

Just get an ipod, they can do 30fps and if you get caught you could just make out like you were listening to music :p

Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640-by-480 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Low-Complexity Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 768 Kbps, 320-by-240 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640-by-480 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats.

Your job sounds like just the thing to move the world forward. I'm interested as well :)

You might consider getting a Zodiac, its Video playback is quite impressive, supports a big variety of codecs, high bitrates etc. Since its also a PDA you can just press the Home button and nobody´ll know you were watching videos, playing emus, etc. It´s about as big as a GP2X, but much slimmer, should fit in your pocket no prob.
Or just get any other PDA.

thanks guys, im looking at the Zodiac now. also i managed to get a SE K800i off a crackhead for £20 on the weekend, its got a 320x240 screen and can play video at 25/29fps so im going to see what a couple of filmes/tv shows look like on it, the sceen is a bit small though so it might not be the thing i have been looking for.

ps. im doing (what use to be called) security work at a collage near me, although now due to legal issues the is no securitcy work involved, infact I get paid to do absoluitly nothing all day which suits me fine, as before i had this job i spent all my time doing nothing, only now i get paid £250 a week for it :p

You got to be kidding. I don`t get twice as much in a month atm :(

Legal issues? Did you beat up some college boys? :p Why do they hire security then anyways o_O

It's probably cheaper to use the GP2X and get trousers with bigger pockets. You also have the advantage of getting the "Is that a GP2X in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?" comments.

Back