Need a little bit MySQL help

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure it's not too hard and there are some here who can help me.

I need a little SQL query where I can export the results to import them into a different database.

As you might've seen, I've upgraded my shop and have everything imported except for the mail-alert table (for products when they're back on stock).

The old PrestaShop didn't have that, so I used a module, but the new version can do that out of the box, but the two tables are a tiny bit different.

These are the relevant fields of the new table (called ps_mailalert_customer_oos)

id_customer

customer_email

id_product

id_product_attribute

id_lang

These are the revelant fields of the old table (called ps_belvg_preorder_wait)

id_product

id_product_attribute

id_customer

id_lang

As you can see, there is only ONE field missing - that's the customer_email field.

All other fields are exactly the same.

So what I need is a query that exports these fields from ps_belvg_preorder_wait but adds the customer_email field.

The eMail address can be grabbed from another table called ps_customer

That table has id_customer as field, and email as another field (which has the eMail address in there).

The result should be something I can easily export (either as SQL file, as CSV, etc.) so I can import it into the new database.

Again, a quick summary: export the following from ps_belvg_preoder_wait

id_customer (available)

customer_email (can be gotten from table ps_customer, field email using id_customer as row)

id_product (available)

id_product_attribute (available)

id_lang (available)

I've got phpmyadmin available, so can do some stuff there.

Can some help me create a useful query for that?

Gosh, I chose a simpler means of setting up my website in the end. My sql would have been FAR too complicated for me, especially if you need help with it.

Not a techie guy, much, so im of no help at all.

Code:
insert into ps_mailalert_customer_oos (id_customer, customer_email, id_product, id_product_attribute, id_lang) 
  select w.id_customer, x.customer_email, w.id_product, w.id_product_attribute, w.id_lang
    from ps_belvg_preorder_wait w, ps_customer x
   where x.id_customer = w.id_customer;
commit;
Before doing so, better just run the select to verify the data (and maybe even a select count(*) from ps_belvg_preorder_wait w, ps_customer x where x.id_customer = w.id_customer; to check cardinality)

Thanks guys! I can try that without major loss, as I've got a backup database where I can  play around.

I'll run it there and then export / import the table when it worked :)

Back