Release NanoMap - OpenStreetMap Viewer - Beta PND

S

StreaK

Desc:

map viewer (maps are from OpenStreetMap). This software is in its alpha stage, a lot of features may not function correctly. We currently have only one city (Berlin) map in NanoMap-maps package, but new tiles are downloaded automatically while you zoom in, out and pan. The zoom in level can get to 15. You are not yet able to enter a street name and go to the location, or get the route from start location to end location.

Keys:

Controls:

h: Show/Hide help file.

esc or q: Exit program.

4-way navigation key: Move around in the map.

i: Zoom in.

o: Zoom out.

m: Add a marker.

alt+m: Hide markers.

tab: Show/Hide marker list.

s: Mark start location.

e: Mark end location.

u: Show/Hide user interface and notations.

d: Download tiles for visible area.

r: Go to route/direction page (But in the page you cannot do much (can you in latest version??). To exit the route/direction page, press alt+s.)

l: show layers selection menu

Nanomap.png

Download:

http://pnd.to/4floor [on FB Wall]

Oh, neat :)

Can you tell it to download a full range of maps (i.e. a city) completely onto the SD Card for offline usage as well?

I think those apps could profit from using the pandoracontrols, like for example zooming in/out with shoulderbuttons, marker etc with actionbuttons etc.

Can you tell it to download a full range of maps (i.e. a city) completely onto the SD Card for offline usage as well?

Nope, there is no option to DL, but what i tested OpenMaps already have whole world included and viewable ie. checked Poland -> Warsaw and other polish cities and it just works.

Heh, I was happy, until I saw that it's only 19G in a bz2...

Because of a lack of hardware resources there is a limit on the download of tiles from the openstreetmap server: downloading a full city at once would trigger it and slow down to a trickle.

There are other services that render maps based on the OSM data, maybe some of those have lower limits

on tile downloads, at least for personal use.

I believe that foxtrotgps (another OSM map viewer that runs e.g. in a debian extend) slows down bulk downloads on his side to prevent hitting the servers too much and meeting the downloads limit.

maybe do a package with different country (Germany, France, England, Spain...)

Back