Myriad

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
Hi Folks, I have done a lot to this version, and I think I am going to leave it there as I am going to start working on some other projects now. So what's new:

1. High Scores - with name saving etc.
2. Game over screen of crashed UFO and an evil laugh..
3. Credits and fading intro screens.
4. Random backgrounds for planet levels.
5. Nukem powerup graphics enhanced.
6. Extra life every 10000 points.
7. Space levels are a little easier.
8. Minor bugs sorted out.
9. Better explosions on enemies.
10. Level difficulties tweaked, you get more powerups etc.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Myriad Final Version

I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did writing it. I'm off to write Berzerk 2X now :)

Clare.

P,S, Any comments are greatly appreciated.

This is the first game I officially played while it was under development. It was really cool to see the improvements from one stage to the next!

Always has a spot on my SD card!

*runs off to download*

This game is pretty decent so far, I hope that you continue to add on to it after you are done your next project.

Thanks WarmFluffy, Myriad is a great game :)
What is Berzerk 2X style?
Berzerk 2X is based on an old arcade game Berzerk, it's a very simple game, run around mazes shooting robots, avoiding said robots, their shots and the death zapping walls. One more thing, an evil bouncing ball of death is following you called Evil Otto. Otto cannot be destroyed, but more like your timer he makes sure you're always fast on your heels, and make it to an exit before he gets ya. That was all the original game and my PC version really was, but the 2X I'm going to have power ups and keys to open locked doors that lead to sub games etc.....

You can take a look at the PC version of Berzerk 2005 to give you an idea of basic game play.

This game is pretty decent so far, I hope that you continue to add on to it after you are done your next project.
I'm not sure if I will expand this version of Myriad, to be honest Myriad was my first venture into Fenix, and as such the code structure is all over the place. I might however consider writing Super Myriad one day, but don't hold your breath :).

Last edited by a moderator:
I say news is fine as that's where I check for updates on anything gp2x related. Homebrew would be to discuss homebrew games further. So if I were to ask for help on something in myriad then I should go the the homebrew section.

I think that makes sense. :)

I say news is fine as that's where I check for updates on anything gp2x related. Homebrew would be to discuss homebrew games further. So if I were to ask for help on something in myriad then I should go the the homebrew section.

I think that makes sense. :)
Yep, My feelings exactly :).

Thanks WarmFluffy, Myriad is a great game :)
What is Berzerk 2X style?
Berzerk 2X is based on an old arcade game Berzerk, it's a very simple game, run around mazes shooting robots, avoiding said robots, their shots and the death zapping walls. One more thing, an evil bouncing ball of death is following you called Evil Otto. Otto cannot be destroyed, but more like your timer he makes sure you're always fast on your heels, and make it to an exit before he gets ya. That was all the original game and my PC version really was, but the 2X I'm going to have power ups and keys to open locked doors that lead to sub games etc.....

You can take a look at the PC version of Berzerk 2005 to give you an idea of basic game play.

I'm not sure if I will expand this version of Myriad, to be honest Myriad was my first venture into Fenix, and as such the code structure is all over the place. I might however consider writing Super Myriad one day, but don't hold your breath :).
dont forget about the robots saying intruder alert and of course evil otto laughing at you dieing

Back