My pandora has died!

samedi

Still Fresh
Oh dear! Just turned on my Pandora and it seems to boot up as normal. Just before the progress bar gets to the end the screen goes blank and a White outlined cross is displayed in the centre of the screen. Tried reseting, taking the battery out, all to no avail. Any ideas?

Oh dear! Just turned on my Pandora and it seems to boot up as normal. Just before the progress bar gets to the end the screen goes blank and a White outlined cross is displayed in the centre of the screen. Tried reseting, taking the battery out, all to no avail. Any ideas?
Hi This is quite normal, if a cross appears in the middle, just let it run a bit longer, if no luck after 15 minutes of letting it run when switched on if no luck someone else will be able to explain what is happening.

Could u please decribe a little bit more about the cross and what is exactly happening?

A reflash might be your easiest option from the sound of it.

I'll give that a go now, thanks. The only thing I can say abot the cross is that it's White and outlined, stationary in the centre of the screen and can't be moved.

Is there a rundown somewhere of how to re-flash, step by step?

Left it on for 20 mins. Still displaying the white cross. I've found out the reflash proceedure so looks like I'll be doing that tomorrow. Thanks chaps 

Last edited by a moderator:
By cross, you mean an X? That would be the xserver failing to load all the custom settings, which means corrupted firmware. It happens sometimes, just reflash and you'll be fine.

Stan's post reminds me of something: I don't suppose you tried that tweak to turn off the screen-blanking, by any chance, did you? If you did, there is a way of fixing it without needing to reflash.

If you didn't, just disregard this post. :p

By cross, you mean an X? That would be the xserver failing to load all the custom settings, which means corrupted firmware. It happens sometimes, just reflash and you'll be fine.
Yes indeed it is an X. Thanks for the info, going to reflash when I get the chance, (pesky work gets in the way) :)

Stan's post reminds me of something: I don't suppose you tried that tweak to turn off the screen-blanking, by any chance, did you? If you did, there is a way of fixing it without needing to reflash.

If you didn't, just disregard this post. :p
No I didn't but thanks for taking the time, I appreciate it :)

Sucessfully reflashed. All working now, including the Pandora button, (as I made my user name less than 8 chars.)

Boy am I relieved :D

Thanks for all the help folks ;)

Back