My NAND makes "harddrive accessing"-like noises

eksasol

I just received my unit recently and whenever I am in a quiet environment using my Pandora, when the internal memory is being accessed (read/write) I hear these faint cricky noises, similar to platter harddrives. Even though its not as loud, its very noticeable. The noise is quite constant of course as long as the NAND is being used.

I don't know why it does that, I know its not the SD card hardwares, because when I inserted it and the green lights come on, I don't hear noises.

I wonder if anyone else is having this issue. I guess its not a hassle enough to send it back, but it can get annoying unless I put on my headphones. In any case, I hope it won't die on me anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is that it may be a natural variation between individual units - some people get it, and others don't. My previous Pandoras did not have this, but my current (and hopefully last) one does. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Last edited by a moderator:
think of it as a loading feature that was included with sandisk sansa mp3 players. they would play a noise through the ear buds so i'm used to it and the pandora is barley noticeable when the sound is turned off.

I have a Sansa e280 and I know what you mean, but this is a different issue. I'll probably grow to get used to it over time.

Back