My Gp32 Is Injured

bumholesniffer

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
:lol: Unbeleiveable, I went to power my gp32 this morning only to find it had broke a few limbs. I feel very bad because I think it may have been gelerous of the time being spent with the psp !!! I havent dropped it and it was working perfectly the other day !!

Anyways enough of the sillyness, my problem is this : Diagonal left/right do not work at all & up is not as responsive as usaual.

Look like I will have to operate later, which is funny because I also have to operate on a friends 98 pc later as well !! (I getting paid for that though)

Well its in good surgical hands but I thought I would ask you guys because I dont think this is a isolated incident. If I remember rightly fishbong had the same problem !! & wrote a tutorial !!

Any links or help will be appreciated !!

Save my gp32 campaign !! :lol: ;)
They are a endangered, there only a small quantity left, if are community dont protect them who will from the psp/ds hunters !! :lol:

thx, i have tried the paper one and decided I dont like it. It too ghetto for me !!
I looking into a more perm method, seems as though the plastic surrounding the joystick is almost blocking the reaction of the joystick !! Which explains the knife method but lets not go there !!

I have for the moment pulled the joystick out enough to get full use, however I will either create a new joystick or find a more perm way of extending the current one !! Seems to work !!

Unless anyone has a better idea !! NO paper involved pls, I cant beleive that considered a fix !!

I remember someone doing major rebuild work to fix this sort of problem but I do not have a link

the fix was to disconnect the joystick housing from the PCB by cutting the plastic tags on the back then doing some mods to the joystick internally then reattach the joystick with some kind of glue

does that remind anyone? anyone have a link?

or am I just getting very senile?

:blink:

No, you're not senile, that's the one bumholesniffer already mentioned. It's the one fishbong came up with, and it works really well. I just did it with my FLU yesterday because the up-right diagonal wasn't working. Now it works like a charm.

*EDIT*

By the way... with Fishbong's fix, you don't HAVE to use paper. You could use a really thin piece of plastic too, like... You know those really thin plastic sleeves for smart media cards(not the clamshell cases that are hard and thick, but the ones that are really flimsy sleeve things)? You can use 1 layer of one of those to make the d-pad shaped thing that you stick inside the microswitch box. Also, you don't even need a hot glue gun. I'm not entirely sure how, but my microswitch box stays secured to the circuit board without any kind of adhesive, even after cutting away the parts that were melted.

Back