My GP wont copy other files

Evil_Cartman

I am made of jellay.
Website
Visit site
My PC-Link wont copy other files than .fxe, .fpk, .zpk, .zxe?
What the heck is the problem with copy-pasting .gbc and .mp3's? I use PC-Link v1.2.
Please not tell me to get an smc writer :(

Never heard of this problem before. Maybe it has to do with the GP32/Normal mode setting. Try setting PCLink in Normal mode instead of GP32 mode. This option is somewhere in the menu (can´t remember where)

are you using the 8.3 filename convention? your filename must be 1-8 char's long and you extention MUST be exactly 3 char's
if that aint the problem then how are you transferring the files?
if you are trying to install them (like you do with .fxe, .fpk, .zpk and .zxe) then that might be the prob.
when copying other filetypes you drag and drop them.using the install option won't work
if this dont solve yer prob then try give us more info (error messages and methods of copying tryed)

Are you........ Opening the location of the files on your PC i.e C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Desktop\GP23 in windows explorer, copying files then opening the destiantion in PClink i.e GP32/GPMM and trying to paste that way ?

Because..... that wont work. you have to copy from your PC location within PClink then copy to GP from within PClink. I hope this helps you out.

Yes, i have tried to copy an mp3 with only 3 letters, MP3 Basket said it worked without errors, but when i look at the mp3 folder i get this error "an error occured in GP32 during process" and i have to format the whole sh*t

VirtuaLeech posted on May 29 2003 said:
Never heard of this problem before. Maybe it has to do with the GP32/Normal mode setting. Try setting PCLink in Normal mode instead of GP32 mode. This option is somewhere in the menu (can´t remember where)
I did, and it frozen when it was finished for about... 2 secs, THEN it pops up with this
an error occured in GP32 during process
Would the answer be getting a version older than 1.2 of PC-Link?

Last edited by a moderator:
I found outta something, PC-Link WILL let me copy an test file (67KB)
rl-copy.jpg

see i copy'ed it

Pasting it into mp3 folder
pasting-mpr3.jpg

See, it's copyed fine and my GP32 can play it!
copyid.jpg

Now i try TEST.MP3 (4.5MB)
test-copy.jpg

Pasting it into MP3 folder
pasting-mpr3.jpg

Process going fine, until...
[NO PICTURE]

...i get the error
well-known-error.jpg

Seems i can't find it, direct link maybe?

Plus, when i tried to install Wind-Ups installation progress went fine, until it had to extract images then i got this again:
well-known-error.jpg

and when i run windups i dont see any icons and when i try to run something it says it dont exist? :(

I found out of something new. God damn PC-Link wont even let me copy files (fxe's) over 1MB!!!

Could it be my SMC???
---SMC INFO---
Brand is Fujifilm
"Made in Korea" is written on it, so i don't think it is faulty? What about you?
It's a 32MB
---SMC INFO---

Please not tell me to get an smc writer

Well now.....uhmmm......let me see........how do I say this................well...............seeing the problems you have it may be a good solution. Besides that, the speed is way up with an SMC writer.............uhmmm..........yes that´s what I wanted to say.................

Guess that's the answer :unsure:

Which brand do you recommend?
I need a cheap one (spend nearly all my money on the gp32)
It has to be USB

Depends on whre your living. Maybe you can get some ideas from this post

Last edited by a moderator:
Back