Musical Stings

CoLDSToRAGE

Still Fresh
Website
www.coldstorage.org.uk
Hi,

Firstly, let's get the apologies out of the way! :rolleyes:

1. If this is the wrong place to post this - apologies.
2. I did try a direct post to Craig, but it bounced.
3. If I'm wasting anyone's time, oops!

OK, here goes...

I've been watching the development of Pandora avidly over the years, and if my wife has
my Christmas present sorted, I'll be in the first batch.

If you pop over to www.coldstorage.org.uk you'll see I write the odd tune now and again.

I was wondering if you needed any musical stings (free of charge of course!) for Pandora?
Almost all devices have a recognisable musical 'fanfare', from the BBC Micro's "burdeep"
to Windows 7, but I've not spotted one for the Pandora in any of the videos.

If this feature is unwanted, or is already in the bag then no worries, please ignore!

Ever since the days of the Atari Portfolio and Psion 3/3c/5/Revo I've had a love of micro
PC's... and the Pandora is shaping up to be totally amazing!

All the best,
Tim Wright
aka. that CoLD SToRAGE bloke. :p

Never heared of you before Tim (no offence meant) but I'm loving the tunes on your site and will be keeping a close eye on it in the future.
Really hope the devs take you up on your offer :)

EDIT: So.. after reading your biography, it turns out that I've been listening to and enjoying your tunes for about 20 years. Who knew? B)

CoLD SToRAGE said:
Thanks for the nice welcome everyone! :)

I'll try contacting Craig via his YouTube page...
...not sure why it bounces when I try to send him a P.M. in the forums?

ATB,
Tim.

He is most likely to be flooded with PM's that his PM box is full, another way to contact him is to make a thread in General Discussion to get his attention ;) but if you are after someone that can include any media you make for the menus or so on, would be Cpasjuste for his pmenu. If you want to make boot up sound effects and the like, EvilDragon would be the other person you need, and again the best way to contact him is to make a thread in General Discussion about the subject, unless his PM box isn't full ;) They don't lurk in development forum as much, especially now with it being crunch time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be very nice to have a recognizable boot sound, and you seem like the guy to do it. You've got my vote.
[sub]/me spams the pandora group on last.fm one more time ;) [/sub]

cool thanks for making yourself known. im sure we will all be reloving all your music again with a psx emulator in hand :)
hope you can produce some great sounds for the pandora, methinks a 10 minute drum and bass song on startup :p

This is an exciting development! Welcome to the forums, Tim. I look forward to whatever you come up with for Pandora as I'm another who has been enjoying your music ever since the Psygnosis days.

I wouldn't mind a little tune for Pandora's start up, would be nice to have. I would like the option to turn it off if possible, just in case. :)

i think there should be a mini-synth in uboot that just plays a midi record while it waits for components to settle. i don't care who writes the first midi blob, as long as we can replace it.

torpor said:
i think there should be a mini-synth in uboot that just plays a midi record while it waits for components to settle. i don't care who writes the first midi blob, as long as we can replace it.
...why MIDI?

/Gasm

I only have the PC version soundtracks from the wipeout games on my MP3 player.

CraigX sign this man up!

lulzfish said:
How do we have two threads for this?
Because it will get more attention in the other forum and there is more chance of the Pandora devs seeing it.
Tim tried emailing the devs directly but kept getting bounced.

MDave said:
He is most likely to be flooded with PM's that his PM box is full, another way to contact him is to make a thread in General Discussion to get his attention ;)

Hey! It's Tim Wright! Amiga! Psygnosis! Lemmings!
Get this guy onboard plz. Somehwere, somehow. The OS startup sound would be awesome :)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
lulzfish said:
How do we have two threads for this?
Because it will get more attention in the other forum and there is more chance of the Pandora devs seeing it.
Tim tried emailing the devs directly but kept getting bounced.

MDave said:
He is most likely to be flooded with PM's that his PM box is full, another way to contact him is to make a thread in General Discussion to get his attention ;)

Yeah, sorry 'bout the "double post" I did it under advisement. I'm happy for the admins to remove one (or both!) :p

Looking forward to playing with my Pandora soon (or as soon as soon is!)

Back