Music Thread

Listening to What's Wrong With Bill? promo now... it rocks. I will definately pick this one up for real when it's released. As for Masta Killa... I just read the XXL review where it recieved an L (3/5) but the review didn't really know what he was talking about. He was mainly bashing his 'monotone flow', but I've heard a lot more good about the album than bad, so I'm getting that one also. Just listened to 'The Pretty Toney Album' which, apart from 'Tush' is friggin' awesome, easily as good as Supreme Clientele.

Black Sunday, ooh... good stuff. IV is still my favourite Cypress album (most purists would say the original) but Til Death Do Us Part comes very close - it's basically a throwback to Black Sunday except, uhm, okay it's nothing like it. Over the last 4 albums they seem to change style every release, but this one is at least a little retro, I really would recommend that to you if you're still into that shit. If you just want a preview check out 'Another Body Drops', 'Street Wars', 'One Last Cigarette' (which is a little bit of Black Sunday there) etc. blah the list goes on. Just cop it.

EDIT: Just realised your sig has identical wording to the annoying promo messages that play over the promo copy of WWWB... I assume you've heard it then.

Hmmm

We should have a rock thread and a hip-hop thread, else this thing is going to split into two. Since bringoutthegimp started this thread I declare it in the name of FUNK! I mean hip-hop.

Black Trash is one of the best hip-hop albums of all time...

Well.. the topic title is 'Music Thread'. I certianly think that rock deserves that monicker a lot more than hip-hop. :p

I KNOW WHEN I'M NOT WANTED :D

Long live the new rock thread :)

TelcoLou posted on May 2 2004 at 10:54 AM said:
My wife has taken akin to Opera lately, and I've actually discovered the greatness of Johnny Cash (which is wierd, given my hatred of Country Western twanging)
I know Johnny Cash made a fair enough cover of the Soundgarden song "Rusty Cage", and a project like that certaintly deserve some amount of respect :p

Last summer I heard a cover of a Depeche Mode song on the radio.... turned out that was Johnny Cash too. Guess he made a cover album or something.

Although I generally consider myself to have become a lot more open-minded musicgenre-wise the later years, I do have a hard time liking anything country...
I did however always like Sheryl Crow (the older stuff anyway) - and thats country-ish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back