Multi-tasking? Or A Different Approach?

sold

songs in the key of AAAAAARRRGH!
I was wondering, will the pandora allow users to play music over their programs/applications by running the media player in the background? Or could mp3 playback be implemented by a sort of standard player that can be included by developers adding the code for it in their games or apps in the options menu and pause screen?

Volume control could be software based or the volume wheel for either the media player or the games/apps according to user preference. I think that is a feature that would be great for a handheld. Is it possible?

EDIT: I hope this hasn't been asked a hundred times already. I searched and found nothing.

Whats more handy to me is, just turn my stereo or mp3 player on. I bet the apps will be running slower 2, remember there is one of those apps for the gp2x, and the emu run slower when its on.

Unless that particular game is cpu-intensive (and emulators usually are), this should be possible.

I think the question is slightly different from what is discussed in the other thread.

We would need some mixing daemon running to be able to have both mp3 playing while having fun with some emulator that will also have sound.

Or didn't I understand the OP question? :)

Thats what I meant Laurent. The link provided was interesting though. Thanks Squidge. But I was wondering if people could listen to their own tunes while gaming somehow. No other handheld offers this feature as far as i know and i was hoping the pandora would be capable of something like that.

Pulseaudio could to that easily. Alsa can sometimes do it by itself, depending on hardware/drivers.

The tapwave zodiac can play music while doing other things without a signifigant reduction in preformance.

TheFlyingPig said:
The tapwave zodiac can play music while doing other things without a signifigant reduction in preformance.

As can every other PalmOS 5 device, and probably Pocket PCs too, with a small reduction :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back