GP32 Mr.mirkos Sdk Replacement

CrazyDesi posted on Aug 11 2004 at 08:15 PM said:
Yes this is definately great SDK and needs alot more attention!

yes, but there is still alot to do.... what are the plans, Mirko?!

Last edited by a moderator:
synkro posted on Oct 8 2004 at 10:04 AM said:
yes, but there is still alot to do.... what are the plans, Mirko?!

Bump?

No word from Mirko. I'm using the SDK right now for an ADIC entry. Curious if there have been any new developments...

Hello there,
I wanted to 'port' my project to mirkos Sdk.. Nearly everything works :) , but the sound doesn't work. my Gp32 crashes..
First I added the sound where I needed it, but finally I placed it directly at the beginning of my proggy, but my gamepark still crashes.. (I use Mr.Spiv's Firmware v0.3)

Here is the code.. it is called in a cpp-file

#define SEGMENTSIZE 1920 //Bytes

u16 *framebuffer1;
u16 *framebuffer2;

void simple_test1()
{
int i;
framebuffer1 = (u16*) FRAMEBUFFER1; // 0x0C7B4000
framebuffer2 = (u16*) FRAMEBUFFER2; // 0x0C7DA000

gp_setCpuspeed(33);
gp_initFramebuffer(framebuffer1,16,85);

gp_clearFramebuffer16(framebuffer1,0xFFFF); // Clear Framebuffer1
gp_clearFramebuffer16(framebuffer2,0xFFFF); // Clear Framebuffer2

gp_initSound(22050,8,SEGMENTSIZE*2);

while (1) {

gp_setFramebuffer(framebuffer1,1); // Display of Screen 1
gp_clearFramebuffer16(framebuffer2,0xFFFF); // Clear Framebuffer2
gp_drawString(30,110,13,"Iam Screen 2 ",0xF800,framebuffer2); // Painting on Screen 2

for (i=0;i<1600000;i++);
gp_setFramebuffer(framebuffer2,1); // Display of Screen 2
gp_clearFramebuffer16(framebuffer1,0xFFFF); // Clear Framebuffer1
gp_drawString(30,100,13,"Iam Screen 1 ",0xF800,framebuffer1); // Painting on Screen 1
for (i=0;i<1600000;i++);

if ( gp_getButton()&BUTTON_A) gp_Reset();

u16 *renderbuffer = (u16*)SAMPLEBUFFER1; //One playsegment, 1920 bytes
gp_addRingsegment(renderbuffer);

}
}

hi! doesnt the things compiled with this sdk works with geepee 32? I only get a blank screen when I try to launch any example...

Seagal posted on Mar 1 2005 at 07:14 AM said:
hi! doesnt the things compiled with this sdk works with geepee 32? I only get a blank screen when I try to launch any example...
It does work. Most versions I have tried work. I use 0.43 on a regular basis with no problems. How are using GeePee32 to launch the examples?

EDIT: Interesting, I just upgraded to the latest version of Mirko's SDK and it doesn't work anymore.

Dalto posted on Mar 1 2005 at 05:15 PM said:
It does work. Most versions I have tried work. I use 0.43 on a regular basis with no problems. How are using GeePee32 to launch the examples?

EDIT: Interesting, I just upgraded to the latest version of Mirko's SDK and it doesn't work anymore.

I choose 'load binary' and select an .fxe, I tried another fxe that are not compiled with the latest version of the sdk ( or not this sdk ) and they work fine...

I think it can be the +blu gp console detection, cause the examples ( the ones I tried ) on my gp32 blu ( normal ) doesnt work so well, the screen is bad centered... :unsure:

I have been using this SDK for some time now, and I really like it. However - I have been having problems using anything else than the 8bit mode. Could this be due to an old version of the SDK or what could this be?

rasmuskaae posted on Mar 3 2005 at 06:28 AM said:
I have been using this SDK for some time now, and I really like it. However - I have been having problems using anything else than the 8bit mode. Could this be due to an old version of the SDK or what could this be?

I used it in 16-bit mode for gpPaint fairly extensively. Perhaps you could let us know what kind of problems you are having more specifically?

Dalto posted on Mar 1 2005 at 04:15 PM said:

can you test some examples on real hardware, not an geepee32 ?
And press L or R buttons on startup ( while loading one example )

I cant test it anymore, my gp32 was stolen last week :(

Can someone test the last mirko SDK on real hardware, i need some test results on BLU BLU+ FLU nonFLU units, if the new screen setting is working correctly, also someone pointed out, that someting is no longer working with geepee32, i have no windows to test geepee32, so if someone can find it out ?

cheers, Mirko

Hello Mirko,
I am making a little program with your SDK and have a BLU+. The screen boot I have done it using "gp_initFramebuffer(framebuffer[swapper], 16, 85);" Everything visualizes perfectly, does not appear no of two rays (the superior white and the inferior changed one), the program reproduces mod and shows a menu (sprite of 320x240), everything works correctly without slowing down the sound nor nothing (I initialize to 133Mhz).
Excuse by my ingles, I am from Spain :p

Greetings!

PD: Babel Fish translation :p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original message
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola Mirko,

yo estoy haciendo un programita con tu SDK y tengo una BLU+. La inicialización de pantalla lo he hecho utilizando "gp_initFramebuffer(framebuffer[swapper],16,85);" Todo se visualiza perfectamente, no aparece ninguna de las dos rayas (la blanca superior y la cambiada inferior), el programa reproduce un mod y muestra un menú (un sprite de 320x240), todo funciona correctamente sin ralentizar el sonido ni nada (inicializo a 133Mhz).

Disculpa por mi ingles, soy de España

Saludos!

mr.mirko posted on Mar 23 2005 at 02:39 PM said:
Can someone test the last mirko SDK on real hardware, i need some test results on BLU BLU+ FLU nonFLU units, if the new screen setting is working correctly, also someone pointed out, that someting is no longer working with geepee32, i have no windows to test geepee32, so if someone can find it out ?

cheers, Mirko

Ok, yesterday I have time to setup my GP32 Toolchain. Your script was a great help. Now I have gcc 3.4.1, GP_SDK, SDL 1.2.7 and your SDK 0.95 ready to work.
GP32BLU+: Your (recompiled, just to be sure everything is working) example programs are working correctly. BIOS detection override (BLU vs. BLU+) is working.

Geepee32 for Linux (Build30-SDL) shows just a white screen after loading.

Carsten

mr.mirko posted on Mar 23 2005 at 01:39 PM said:
...also someone pointed out, that someting is no longer working with geepee32, i have no windows to test geepee32, so if someone can find it out ?
Hi MrMirko, in the first place thanks you for your cool SDK :)

I have compiled 2 examples ("example.doublebuffer" and "example.mandel") but they don't work in GeePee32 (show white screen permanently without it happens nothing)... :-(((

Of course that in real GP32 works OK.

¿I'm doing something erroneous?

I haven't tested more examples so I don't know if also they don't work in the emulator.

Un Saludo.

Wonder Boy posted on Apr 9 2005 at 01:09 AM said:
mr.mirko posted on Mar 23 2005 at 01:39 PM said:
...also someone pointed out, that someting is no longer working with geepee32, i have no windows to test geepee32, so if someone can find it out ?
Hi MrMirko, in the first place thanks you for your cool SDK :)

I have compiled 2 examples ("example.doublebuffer" and "example.mandel") but they don't work in GeePee32 (show white screen permanently without it happens nothing)... :-(((

Of course that in real GP32 works OK.

¿I'm doing something erroneous?

I haven't tested more examples so I don't know if also they don't work in the emulator.

Un Saludo.

In the latest (0.95) SDK, i updated the vsync with a hsync to get less screen flicker then someone is changing the framebuffer. Geepee32 is not suporting the hsync registers, so my setup is waiting endless in a loop. To get the 0.95 SDk version running on geepee32 you must mark out this lines in gp_grafik.c.
Line 66-67:

if (vsync) {
while(1) {if(((rLCDCON5>>17)&3)==2) break;} // wait for active line
while(1) {if(((rLCDCON5>>17)&3)!=2) break;} // wait for active line to end - start of front porch and hsync
}

And your stuff will still run on geepee32. But this is only a bad solution, a better one would be, if the geepee32 author would support hsync.

greets, Mirko

Back