Mp3 Encoder

Memnoch

Website
Visit site
Greetings,

I've recently purchased a new PC which came with Windows XP Home Addition pre-installed. I downloaded Windows Media Player version 10 which I thought allowed you to rip to MP3 (that's all I needed to do on my previous PC). When I try to rip to MP3 I get told I need a compatible MP3 encoder. Are there any free MP3 encoders out there that'd allow me to use Windows Media Player to rip to MP3?

As you can tell I'm not very clued up on MP3 ripping so any help would be hugely appreciated.

DB Power amp
Search on Google. It's the best one I've used and it's free

Use Exact Audio Copy and set the external compressor as lame 3.90.3 with the command line --alt-preset.standard. Better than most of the crappy rips you get off the internet.

Klown posted on Feb 5 2005 at 05:50 PM said:
Use Exact Audio Copy and set the external compressor as lame 3.90.3 with the command line --alt-preset.standard. Better than most of the crappy rips you get off the internet.

I think he wanted it in layman's terms, As he said he wasn`t clued up on mp3 ripping. ;)

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Apeiron posted on Feb 5 2005 at 04:35 PM said:
DB Power amp
Search on Google. It's the best one I've used and it's free

Cheers. That looks quite good. Don't you have to register after 30 days and pay for the MP3 encoder license? Or can you cheat and uninstall it and reinstall it? Maybe I should bite the bullet and stop being a cheap ass!

trooper posted on Feb 5 2005 at 05:40 PM said:
Klown posted on Feb 5 2005 at 05:50 PM said:

I think he wanted it in layman's terms, As he said he wasn`t clued up on mp3 ripping. ;)

Trooper

Haha yeah I'm a total plank. Thanks for trying though Klown.

CD'n'GO! suite

awesome. CDDB, ripped everything till now, even the protected ones. and there is a burner integrated (only beta, so be careful)

and its free

The version of DBpoweramp you need to convert to mp3 files is free completely.

I recommend this as I have ripped from Majorly scatched CD's, it took awhile but rescued my music

Back