Movie Won't Play, Aaahhh!!!!!

Evangelion

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
:huh: I'm sorry if this has been covered b4 as I know the vast majority of "new" questions that come up are usually somewhere on this forum, but.....I searched, googled, and still could not find the answer I was looking for.

I got my Ninja Scroll down to 112 MB (I know it's still big but that's the best I could do), using the settings I found on the european site someone listed here, it was a vcard file to use with VDub. I have another movie, Donnie Darko, that I got down to about 108 MB and that wont play either. Everything else I play is just 20-30 MB ea so no probs there. :unsure:

Is it just that the the GP32 can't play anything over 100 MB? If so, anyone know how I can tweak the settings in VDub even more to reduce the file sizes I've got?

Any help is always appreciated :D

hmmm.... would it be a huge pain in the butt to split the show into 2 50mb files? otherwise you could try lowering the bitrate a little (not sure what it is currently)

I can play files over 100mb fine. Make sure you are waiting long enough for it to start. It can take 30 seconds or so to start playing a big file. There has also been talk of big files being corrupted by GPlink. How are you transferring the files to smc? I personally use GPdrive and have no problems.

U know, now that u mention it BaDToaD, I have had some problems when deleting these files off my SMC where it's told me the file was bad or corrupted. I do use GPdrive (rocks!) and have no probs getting it onto the card but..... <_<

hmmm, I'll try splitting it up and see if that works. As is, the bitrate is 21kbps for video at 14fps, and 17kbps for audio ::bleh:: but it still looks really nice on the LCD :D At least, when it plays :lol:

Back