Movie Ticket Prices

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
I went to see the latest Star Trek movie the other week (I'm in Melbourne , Australia) and they had increased prices to now be $19 or $22 for a 3D movie. Even though it was a peek session on Saturday night, there was only about 12 people in the cinema. No wonder given the ticket price, it's almost getting to the point where you need to take out finance to buy a ticket and pop corn.

Anyway, I was wondering what everyone around the world pays for movie tickets?

Around here (france) and since I'm not a student anymore, the price for a non 3D movie is 10,70€ and for a 3D one it's 12,70€ (if you don't already own 3D glasses, you'll have to buy them at 1€).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it's very expensive.

Nowadays, i just watch the 40X trailers for a US movie, then i've basically saw the entire movie.

It varies slightly from cinema to cinema but its about 12 euros for a 3d movie in ireland.the cinema in my home town fleece you with farcicial popcorn prices. Selling only giant sized bottles of water that are pricey so you have to buy them if you want water pisses me right off. They deliberately wont sell smalker cheaper bottles.o n another note i didnt like the new trek movie.

Yes it's very expensive.

Nowadays, i just watch the 40X trailers for a US movie, then i've basically saw the entire movie.
Lol. So true. They give the entire story in 3 minutes.

I always go to Matinee Showing, less crowded and cheaper..

My local ticket prices.. in US dollars

Older smaller screens:
Adult Matinee is $7.50, $9.75(3D)
Adult Evening is $9.50,$11.75(3D)

New section with Larger screens:
Adult Matinee is $9.00, $11.25(3D)
Adult Evening is $10.75,$13.25(3D)

Sounds like we are getting screwed over in Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ticket price is THE reason I dont go to cinema anymore, can actually BUY the movie for the same price and see it how many times you want... Just think about a family of 4 or more, 50euros for tickets, then snacks and soda on top of that? Up to 100euros for some brief entertainment unless the movie turns out to be crap... Its downright offensive!

I have a Home Theater setup.. DLP projector with 120" screen and a good sound system... Honestly it takes a really good movie to get me to a regular theater.

There's a multiplex near me that's all-digital, so you get those LCD shutter glasses for 3D movies, which means you have to give them back on the way out. Knock-on effect is that there's no additional charge for 3D (though I bet others will still try it on).

Back