Most Underrated Games Per System

Vince2501

Genesis: The Haunting, Lost Vikings, Yu Yu Hakusho (Treasure's only fighting game, borderline masterpiece it is), Flashback.

Snes: Spawn, The Firemen, Undercover Cops, Sunset Riders, Wild Guns.

Nes: Gargoyle's Quest 2, Monster in My Pocket, Shatterhand, SCAT, Abadox,

Neo Geo: Matrimele, World Heroes Perfect, Nightmare in the Dark.

Atari 2600: Surround (predates tron light-cycles with sqare graphics and great two-player), activision boxing
NES: Faxanadu, Strider (which is nothing like the arcade game, but is pretty engaging), Double Dragon (great difficulty curve, and move ramp-up)
Genesis: Gaiares (great shooter, with wicked cool upgrade mechanism), Krusty's Fun House (early levels are too easy, but the puzzles get really involved), Desert Strike (probably not underrated, but an amazing game)

New Zealand Story for all systems & MAME is amazing.

spectrum - journeys end...puts zelda to shame..what other game gives you the chance to gamble all your money on rat races to increase t your amount of money so that you can hire better fighters for your quest....

Snes : Do-re-mi Fantasy,Battle Robot Retsuden ,7th Saga Capcom Soccer Shootout ,Go Go Ackman 1-2-3 ,RPG Tsukuru II,Majin Tensei II Spiral Nemesis , Captain Tsubasa V

Atari ST: Eliminator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0kjK_V80wA (very nice vid)

Last edited by a moderator:
Snes: Tetris attack
NES: Whomp Them (or was it whomp em?)
Sega geneses: Ristar

Genesis: Herzog Zwei! ... Monsterland IV (the one with the green haired chick), Shove It, Vectorman, (I've read good things about General Chaos), Buddokan, Kid Chamleon, Pete Sampras Tennis (with it's REVOLUTIONARY cartrige that allowed 4 player) Pirates Gold, Spot
(QFT: Lost Vikings,Gaires, Flashback, Gley Lancer)

SMS: Pyscho Fox, Choplifter (though not sure that's "underrated")

PCEngine: Batman

MAME: MegaMan Battles

NES: (there was a pinball game with a city skyline background i recall playing emmensely) title escapes me though

namco said:
Atari ST: Eliminator
Yeah, really liked that game, shame it doesn't work on UAE4GP2X since it requires OCS

Eliminator, that game rocked probably one of my most played in my STE power pack along with r-type both so difficult though.

Other underrated games

Megadrive/Genesis: Starflight my all time top game ever

Amiga: moonstone

Atari ST: Mad Professor Moriarty (porridge keeps you warm on the moon), Venus The Fly Trap, Simulcra

Atari Jaguar: AvP (still my all time fave fps), Kasumi Ninja (Pakawa Wins! hahaha and I still have the collectors headband), Blue Lightning (G-Loc and afterburner rolled into one on acid!), Iron Soldier (great big robots wrecking other great big robots and buildings in a big way) and Cybermorph (yes I was one of the few that loved it's gouraud shadedness)

Ok is that list too big?

Yes I am an Atari fanboy

SNES: Treasure of the Rudra, Gunman's Proof
Genesis: Soleil (Crusader of the Centy)
GameGear: Defenders of Oasis
Master System: Golden Axe Warrior
GameBoy: God [ spam word ]
Amiga: Inherit the Earth
NES: Willow

... and a lot more I've forgotten...

Vince2501 said:
Genesis: The Haunting, Lost Vikings, Yu Yu Hakusho (Treasure's only fighting game, borderline masterpiece it is), Flashback.

Snes: Spawn, The Firemen, Undercover Cops, Sunset Riders, Wild Guns.

Nes: Gargoyle's Quest 2, Monster in My Pocket, Shatterhand, SCAT, Abadox,

Neo Geo: Matrimele, World Heroes Perfect, Nightmare in the Dark.

Lost Vikings for genesis was awesome, not as good as Lost Vikings two though.

I can't think of many good underated games so i'll list a few.

Genesis:Zombies ate my neighbour, Rocket Knight Adventures

Back