Most Played Emulator Games?

cd78

Website
www.craigdalyart.co.uk
I know there are loads of recommended games lists around but not all of them are solely for Gp2x, some games just dont suit playing on the 2x. :gp2x
I thought it would be interesting and also would get people playing games they normally wouldnt bother with!
Although there are bound to be a few obvious picks!!

I'll start -

Fba - Neo Turf Masters, Dodonpachi, Eco Fighters, Batsugun, ESP Ra.De., Last Resort, Nightmare in the Dark,
Mame - Robocop, Pacland, TMNT, X-men (konami), Street Smart
Picodrive - DrRobotnics Mean bean machine, Quackshot, Castle of Illusion, Ghostbusters
Pocketsnes - Contra, Castlevania, DoReMi Fantasy, Majyiuuou (king of demons), Super Punchout
Gpfce - River City Ransom, Chip n Dale, Ducktales, Bionic Commando, Cobra Triangle
Gba - Warioware, Lady Sia, Astro Boy, Drill Dozer, Ninja Five-O
Gb - Gators Revenge, Batman animated, Bubble Ghost

Hope some peeps contribute. Cheers! ;)

I prefer quick games (the sort of thing you can do in the five minutes it takes for your train to arrive, or where you can just keep saving it and coming back later) and I've excluded the obvious ones (e.g. Mario, Sonic, SF2 etc.).

Mame - Bank Panic, Champion Baseball, Elevator Action, Final Fight, Hypersports, Joust, Xybots
Gameboy - Fortress of Fear, Motocross Maniacs

My wife plays Pang on various platforms but she keeps whinging to me that she can't beat what we think is the final level (I dunno which Pang it was... could be MAME or SNES, any of the Pang games for them) - a ball bounces across the entire top of the level but there are walls underneath it and no matter what we did, we can't get to the ball. We googled everywhere for a hint but we couldn't work out how to do it.

I'm still waiting for Logic Pro / Logic Pro 2 on MAME but I may have to do themselves if it takes much longer...

NickLoTurco said:
15 minutes per round....perfect when having a poo!
StimulantGroup.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im the same regarding "quick go" games...my Sd card is full of Rpg's that i plan to play "at some point" but i know i'll never get around to playing them! When there are so many other options its hard to dedicate lots of time to them! shame i guess.. :(

Lurkio said:
NickLoTurco said:
15 minutes per round....perfect when having a poo!
StimulantGroup.jpg

cup_plunger.jpg

:p

Anyway, Back on topic.

These are on the GP32 btw, As i don`t own a GP2x anymore.

DrMD: Any of the sonic games(Great for a quick blast), krustys super funhouse, Mega Turrican, Thunderforce 3/4 (What can i say), Outrun 2019, Blockout, Legend of Toki, Mega Swiv, Rainbow islands, Wiz n Liz.

DrSMS: Psycho fox, Wonderboy 3 : Dragons trap, Lemmings, Alex kidd in miracle world.

GPengine: Bomberman 94, Puzznic, Parasol stars.

Ljgp32 (Nes): 1942, 1943, 1944, Terra cresta, Puzznic (when batteries are low), Burger time.

Trooper

Mame: Black Tiger - Good side-scroller and quick play/action
NES: RC Pro AM - Great racing game and you keep getting better cars the longer you play
SNES: Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Ogre Battle(?)
Genesis: Desert Strike - Great for quick play and save for each sub-mission
Gameboy: Radar Mission - Battle ship or Submarine action.. great for quick plays

Noisome

I absolutely love money idol exchanger (neogeo) and puyopuyo (dr. robotnicks mean bean machine) for multiple systems. I think the best version is the gamecube version that was ported to GBA. Puyo Pop fever I think it was called.

Nice thread! Lots of these threads feature millions of posts that name the exact same games that everyone already knows... I like it when people recommend games that are not widely known to be excellent already (yeah yeah... everyone loves chronotrigger... ^^).

PCengine:
-Cratermaze is sooooo much fun, love playing this before I go to sleep as it's not complicated yet fun
-Alien Crush, lovely pinball game

SMS:
-Astroflash... simple shmup. Dunno why I like it so much, the tunes crack me up and I sorta grew up with this game on my gamegear.
-Alex Kidd in Hightech World: I like the adventure elements of the game alot.

NES:
-Little Nemo

Well there is loads and loads more on different systems...

NickLoTurco said:
Golf on the Gameboy, 15 minutes per round....perfect when having a poo!
Ahhh, ok somebody else does this too. For quick jobs Paradroid90 on Atari emulator , for longer innings Paradroid90 on Amiga emulators as its a lot more unforgiving and frustrating. :blink:

ledow said:
Mame - Bank Panic, Champion Baseball, Elevator Action, Final Fight, Hypersports, Joust, Xybots
Another Bank Panic fan!

I used to live on Vancouver Island, off the west coast of Canada. The ferry took 90 minutes to go from the island to the mainland and in the mid-80's Bank Panic was frequently in the arcade. I sank many quarters into it.

I still love the non-standardness of the game, and it translated very well to the GP2X controls. I also love this game on my MythTV frontend on my HDTV downstairs (The logitech wireless controller is a nice luxury)

Trevor Bradley said:
Another Bank Panic fan!

I used to live on Vancouver Island, off the west coast of Canada. The ferry took 90 minutes to go from the island to the mainland and in the mid-80's Bank Panic was frequently in the arcade. I sank many quarters into it.

I still love the non-standardness of the game, and it translated very well to the GP2X controls. I also love this game on my MythTV frontend on my HDTV downstairs (The logitech wireless controller is a nice luxury)
It was quick, simple, fun, engaging (I swear I keep re-playing it just to try and get EXTRA and also to try to get as many "bonus" points as possible). You can literally play just two or three levels while sitting on the train. You can sit for an hour and try to beat it. It doesn't sap a lot of battery, it doesn't need fancy controls. That's the sort of game I love. Champion Baseball can be run at 66MHz and is good for a quick knock-around.

I don't think I've actually bought a "modern" game in years, even for PC. Last ones I was given as presents were Project IGI 2 and Rollercoaster Tycoon 2. Completed IGI2 in one session, great game though it is (and it's prequel). In the disk space that even those old games take up, I can fit 30,000 games and I won't EVER get through them all. There's nothing like the old classics for gameplay.

The only shame I have is that some games just don't live up to your memory. Virtua Racing **is** actually quite a good game. But Hard Drivin' is a bit rubbish actually. In it's day it was fantastic. APB isn't as good as I remember it. Spy Hunter was a disappointment too... I actually prefer the Spectrum conversion over the original arcade version despite having pumped several buckets full of coins into Spy Hunter in the arcade.

And the only Arcade game that I ever truly completed was Final Fight, which I still love to play, and that was only because my brother and I found one that still ran on 10p's and we changed up a tenner. We had a lot of change left but it was extremely satisfying.

Pc Engine - R-Type (great for a quick blast/quick death), Magical Chase, Mr Heli, Ninja Spirit :ninja:
NGPC - Tennis!
Mame - Kung Fu Master, Rygar, Penguin Kun Wars (addictive=piles) :lol:

GnuBoy: Pokemon Aqua(pkmn red hack, and it rocks), Cokemon(blue hack, and it rocks...again), Pokemon Amsterdam(red hack, based on my lovely city so yeah, it rocks....again...)
PocketSNES: F-Zero, Ghengis Khan II Clan of the Grey Wolf(awesome tbs game), Nobunaga's Ambition: Lord of Darkness(another awesome tbs game), Contra 3, Super Street Fighter 2, Dragonball Z Super Buthoden 2&3, Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean.
gpFCE: Megaman 1&2&3, Contra, Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Ghengis Khan.
MAME: Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, 1942, Rastan(MANLY).
PicoDrive: Pirates Gold, Afterburner 2, Virtua Racing, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic CD.

anything else i forgot ?

nah i didnt forget anything.

Liking the sound of those hacks Lord_Doku - will have to check them out!
There are some great NES River City Ransom hacks aroud too and of course some great genesis Sonic ones! :D

Fba - Sengoku 2, Caddilacs and Dinosaurs!
Mame - Amidar

I've played a lot of 'Zombies ate my neighbors' for SNES, in the past few weeks.
As well as the usual LTTP (SNES), Pokemon (GB), WarioWare (GBA), Mario Bros. (NES) and THPS2 (GBA).
But most recently (thanks to bboyneko) I've been playing nothing but The Simpsons: Arcade Game, my favorite game of all time :D

bboyneko said:
Yeah simpsons was a great beat-em-up. It kept to the spirit of the show and had so much humor packed into every level.
Are you still having problems with it?
Try it at 260 Mhz, it runs near-fullspeed for me.

Back