Most Epic Battle

Rayek

Recovering Sega Addict
My vote is for:

dun dun daaa!

Metal Gear Solid:
The battle between Grey Fox (Ninja) and Snake.
Just replayed it, and ... oh, jesus!

Any of the later battles in Ring of Red. They last for aaaaages and you can't bloody re-load a saved game. Either that or any of the final bosses in SNK fighters...Goenitz from 96 being my most hated.

Well, I guess those are more of an epic beating than an epic battle.

The most epic in terms of length that I've faced is probably the "real" boss at the end of Breath of Fire...

After you use Agni on the otherwise pathetic goddess boss, and she turns into that raging demon thing. Took absolutely ages

I somehow suspect that the final fantasy last bosses are more epic though- judging by the average length of a "normal" battle in FFVIII....

Ferentix posted on Dec 10 2005 at 08:48 PM said:
The most epic in terms of length that I've faced is probably the "real" boss at the end of Breath of Fire...

After you use Agni on the otherwise pathetic goddess boss, and she turns into that raging demon thing. Took absolutely ages

I somehow suspect that the final fantasy last bosses are more epic though- judging by the average length of a "normal" battle in FFVIII....
Sephiroth was a wuss. Sadly.

Low point of the game: Finishing him off with a counter attack. (still the best RPG ever like).

Saying that, I had trained all my characters to lvl 99 etc.

Also I remember Sin being a piece of piss also and FFIX wasent too hard.

Emerald weapon in VII was hard(ish) though.

Last edited by a moderator:
PinkSpider posted on Dec 10 2005 at 09:19 PM said:

Low point of the game: Finishing him off with a counter attack. (still the best RPG ever like).

Emerald weapon was a piece of piss if you know how to prepare, it just took so flipping long, I have never seen Bahamut Zero and Knights of the round run for so long.

PinkSpider posted on Dec 10 2005 at 08:19 PM said:

FF9 was far too easy. Ozma was so wussy compared to ultimecia of FF8, who takes AAAAGGGGEEEEESSS, so gets my vote.
Sin was also very easy, but the ending to FFX is sheer brilliance :'( Poor Yunie...
I haven't completed FF7 yet, but I started a new game recently and my characters are obliterating anything they meet.

Ferentix posted on Dec 10 2005 at 07:48 PM said:

I love breath of fire I & II! However, i don't think that the last boss in either of them is overly difficult..... I recently beat them again (didn't replay the whole game, just from my last save) and I found them to be very easy. In breath of fire 1 you just have to turn into agni and just keep attacking. When your health gets to <200 or so you use a cure and then continue atttacking. It takes awhile, but definitely not the most "epic" battle.

Final Fantasy 8's last battle seemed a lot harder to me and took a LONG time. After trying to beat her a couple times and finding it very difficult, I decided to level up some more before attempting it again, so after spending HOURS leveling up my characters (YES!!! Level 99!!) and creating the PERFECT junctions and getting the perfect weapons and the perfect magic all set up, i was ready to try her again. Believe it or not, it was still a rather difficult battle, but in the end I prevailed. And then I watched the wonderful ending.

I also found The Legend of Dragoon's final battle to be hard. It was so hard that I never beat it. However, that could have to do with me not getting into the game nearly as much as I did in any of the final fantasy's. My characters weren't very high levels and I didn't have many good items. But i'm pretty sure I had the ultimate dragoon power.... anyways, after looking at my pile of unbeaten games I decided it was time to try out a different one and see if I would have better luck (i STILL haven't gotten around to beating final fantasy 9, xenogears, star ocean 2, or chrono cross! I'm busy with xenosaga 1 right now)

any 'total annhiliation: absolute annihilation' battle that gets into the 2-3 hour territory where you have thousands of units and the game is bringing your computer to a crawl despite being so old. Things just start blowing up everywhere and air attacks cause more damage from the wreckage of shooting down a few hundred aircraft.

Actually I really liked some of the fights in Gun. Usually a frantic blastfest while quaffing whisky and dodging maniacally, but the cutscenes make it all worth it.

I heard Gun got bad reviews. I was looking forward to it... It was being paraded as an old western San Andreas, as far as the scope of it is. But I let some douches on the internet play it for me so I didn't have to judge it myself. [/sarcasm]

I also find it interesting that none of the advertisements for it (or anything now-a-days) mentioned a PC port, even though there is. I wonder why...

unlucky posted on Dec 11 2005 at 09:09 AM said:
any 'total annhiliation: absolute annihilation' battle that gets into the 2-3 hour territory where you have thousands of units and the game is bringing your computer to a crawl despite being so old. Things just start blowing up everywhere and air attacks cause more damage from the wreckage of shooting down a few hundred aircraft.
Krogoth encounter or whatever on the addon.

Krogoths are giant robots which fire rockets, have a gatling gun and have laser type things coming out of their eyes. Also when they die they have a nuke inside them and blow up.

Imagine an army of these versus a normal army.

Its impossible I imagine... We did manage to convert one but it died :(

I though ultimecia was pretty easy. :unsure: (But my characters where all lvl 99 when I faced her)

What about Kefka? (FF6 or 3 depending on where you live)
His track rules too: Dancing mad. :)

Rayek posted on Dec 11 2005 at 12:39 PM said:
I heard Gun got bad reviews. I was looking forward to it... It was being paraded as an old western San Andreas, as far as the scope of it is. But I let some douches on the internet play it for me so I didn't have to judge it myself. [/sarcasm]
Gun is probably the most fun third-person-shooter since Freedom Fighters. The whole GTA thing only really extends to being able to do tons of optional side missions in a pretty big world, which is indeed fun. You can trample people with your horse, headshot them, slice their limbs off with swords, go into slow motion and blast your pistols without reloading, shotgun them, fire flaming arrows at them ten times a second, grab them and slit their throat... it's awesome. Just don't take it too seriously!

The main complaint was shortness... I disagree. The side missions keep the game going into 12 hours or so, especially if you stop to collect all the extra power-ups. And I'll probably replay it as soon as I complete it.

Back