GP32 More Than 8+3 On Smc

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
Hi all,

Just had a discuss on the general board about smc's supporting more than the 8+3 character limit. Seems the smc/card reader can handle it fine, but it depends on the software itself.

I just did a quick test with MrMirko SDK, and the smc functions don't support more than the 8+3 characters. This is probably easy enough to see because the struct only allows 16 chars:
Code:
//DIR struct 
typedef struct { 
char name[128][16]; // 128 entrys,16 Bytes long 
int size[128]; 
} DIR;

Is there any way to read long filenames from smc (or perhaps set limit at 32 or 48 chars rather than 16) either some other functions, or by modifying MrMirkos sdk?

Cheers,
Pea

as far as i know samsungs smc lib dont support long filenames. but you can read them with some tricks, dont ask me how. there are only very few programms that actualy are able to display lfn.
well, you better wait for someone who knows more to answer :)

I'm no coder, but I remember a while ago it being mentioned that in some emulator that they had lfn support by pulling the name out of the file to read seperately. Or something :blink:.

Actually that's probs not helpful at all.

Look for the Frodo source. The tarball I've got has the filename Frodo-4.1b-gp32-src.tar.gz.
In the Frodo-4.1b.gp32/Src/gp32/libpogo/smfs directory there's the source to (what seems to be) the Samsung SMC lib. It's a modified version that has LFN support. Just get it to compile, then recompile MrMirko's SDK with the new Samsung lib in place.

Doogle

Back