Monitor Not Working

Bigun

Website
www.pwnedclips.com
A few days ago, the unit's monitor began to flicker a little bit when I was out of town. I then turned the unit off, went about my business on the trip, then came back home to find the monitor quit working 100%. I've tried removing the battery and the power switch + pandora button combo, neither has worked.

What is my next step?

Sounds like a full on without warning failure of the LCD cable, or perhaps lose cable connection, rather than the usual PTOD (pink tint of death). Prometheus' prior unit suffered the same sudden fate rather than the slow deterioration of worsening pinkness.

Your best bet would be contacting the shop you bought from by email or phone and requesting an RMA, unless you feel brave enough to open her up and see if the connector has come loose for the cable. Not an easy job but WizardStan has detailed the process elsewhere.

It doesn't explain the flickering, but twice I've had an issue with the brightness level on boot up (black screen as you're experiencing). Before you send it back just try turning it on and then up the brightness level by holding the Fn button and press brightness up (I think it's the 'I' key). Hopefully that's all it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

I am having a similar problem with the screen flickering. It happens after the Pandora has been on a for a little while, say, 10mins or so

Im taking a stab in the dark and going with a loose connection with the ribbon cable and the "clamp"

So my question is, if I take the bottom off my Pandora, will this void my warranty?

Back