Monaco Gp2x V1.0.2b Released

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
Jamie Lutzuver updated his GP2x game "Monaco". "Monaco GP2x" is a classic 2D retro (by design) top down racer inspired by many retro racing games on the Commodore 64 and Arcade formats.

20080903_Monaco_GP2x_v1.0.2b_(GP2x_Game).gif

Changes:
Fix occasional lockup on AI look ahead

Authors page & Download: http://my-cognatus.co.uk/my-cognatus/Img/m...Home/HomeV1.php
News source: http://pdroms.de/news/11973/edit/
Alternative download: http://pdroms.de/files/1850/

Is a good game, but too much difficult, a selector for the difficult can be a good idea, i never arrived at the first CHEKS POINT. :(

DARKGATE said:
Is a good game, but too much difficult, a selector for the difficult can be a good idea, i never arrived at the first CHEKS POINT. :(
Thats not a bad idea you know.... I'm implementing a menu option soon. :) . In the meantime its possible to use the level editor and add or move the checkpoint forward alittle to make it easier...

I'll pm you an easier level over soon or perhaps put it on my website... Other than that more practice :) myself and another forum member are getting 5k points

Regards, J (author of Monaco GP2x)

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the newest version on your site (1.0.3) and at some point things suddenly speed up which totally throws me off. Noticeable especially during this time the car careens from side to side of the screen easily. So for now I went back to the version in the archive which works perfect for me.

jbrodack said:
I tried the newest version on your site (1.0.3) and at some point things suddenly speed up which totally throws me off. Noticeable especially during this time the car careens from side to side of the screen easily. So for now I went back to the version in the archive which works perfect for me.
Hmm interesting. I've not changed any of the game logic in that area. Pretty much a code freeze apart from some AI type stuff.

I'll have another play with the new build on my F200. I'm putting into the game multiple routes (aka Outrun, Rad Mobile etc) with varied tile graphics near christmas.

Thanks,

J

edit 1: I've checked the fps counter and it's locked at 50fps (before it was around 48fps). The game does seem to be slightly more on the swift side which is due to the optimisation related to the AI fix. I'll continue to monitor and test, but things feel ok to me however I play it about 50 billion times :) ...

twojame said:
jbrodack said:
Hmm interesting. I've not changed any of the game logic in that area. Pretty much a code freeze apart from some AI type stuff.

I'll have another play with the new build on my F200. I'm putting into the game multiple routes (aka Outrun, Rad Mobile etc) with varied tile graphics near christmas.

Thanks,

J

edit 1: I've checked the fps counter and it's locked at 50fps (before it was around 48fps). The game does seem to be slightly more on the swift side which is due to the optimisation related to the AI fix. I'll continue to monitor and test, but things feel ok to me however I play it about 50 billion times :) ...

Yeah from looking at the change log it didn't seem you changed anything that would cause that, and its possible I'm just noticing the smoother (thus quicker) gameplay at a certain part in the course and thinking its speeding up at a certain point. When I had the fps on it seemed to reach 51 around the double bridge sections. While the road seems somewhat quicker its the speed the car moves left and right that really threw me off. When you release the new build with new content I'll do more serious testing on that and try to be sure if there really is an issue.

Speaking of which, I'm really excited to hear about that new build with multiple routes. Should be a lot of fun.

Back