Model 2 Emu? Or am I talking out of my hat?

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
I could not find the sourcecode or even the license. So I doubt it is even portable.

However it seems to be a Windows only emulator with the need of one 2,6ghz core or a dual core, DirectX and Pixelshader 2.0.

So I myself doubt this will run in near future.

I can't find any Model3 games in Demul's compatability list; no SCUD Race, no VF2, no Daytona except the Dreamcast/Naomi versions.  Are you sure it emulates Model 3, because all I can find on the website seems to talk about Naomi or later?

Hi,

@ Levi: I guess you are right about Demul:

Release notes from 28 february 2012 (DEmul 0.57 WIP)

No, model 3 emulation still in the same state (except some overall graphics and compatibility improvements, made previously) all work currently suspended in favor to much more active supermodel emulator. Keep up good work, Bart! ;)
EDIT: would this Nebula M2 thing (open source Sega Model 2 emulator ? ) run on the Pandora ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
While that web page claims the nebula project is open source, if you actually follow the link to the real website, all mention of open sourceness disappears, and the only thing you can download turns out to be a windows exe in a zip file.

I'm relatively hopeful that Model 2 support in MAME will work on fine for the Pyra at least.

It would be cool if model 2 support in mame could run on the Pyra, but does anyone know for sure?

Hi all :)

@ Levi: I've just sent an e-mail to the author of that Sega Model 2 emulator.

Wait and see...

Cheers, Magic Sam

I'm really interested into Model 2 emulation. Even more than Model 3.

Don't get me wrong, I do like Scud Race and Daytona USA 2, but Super GT 24h and Sega Rally Championship are just sooo much cooler to me... :)

I thought that MAME had to accurately emulate those platforms. Doesn't that mean it won't be nearly as fast as M2 Emulator or Supermodel 3 ?

I remember how long it took MAME to show a somewhat playable Ridge Racer. I hope this won't be the same on Pyra.

However it seems to be a Windows only emulator with the need of one 2,6ghz core or a dual core, DirectX and Pixelshader 2.0.

So I myself doubt this will run in near future.

And Beats of Rage's minimum requirements specified 256MB of RAM, yet Squidge got it running in 8MB.

Until we see the source, those requirements don't really say much.

-God Ginrai

Back