GP32 MOD play library?

stickofjoy

Hi,

Does anybody know if CHN's MODplay library will play XM files. I'd rather not spend the time to implement it if it turns out not to!

The documentation doesn't mention XMs, so I'm assuming it doesn't unless somebody can tell me different?

Thanks,
matt

just had a reply from CHN. XM support to come soon. But for now he's almost done with S3M support.

matt

Last time I heard CHN was working on S3M support, which should be a major step forward for musicians like me. Well... on the GP32 anyway. ;)
Having seen the Mikmod-player on the GP32 I don't think XM or IT support is realistic, as both formats seem to consume quite a lot of CPU power. Though it could be just because of the player itself isn't optimized. ? :unsure:

It would be great to see more music formats supported by various libraries. As mentioned, I for one am greatly looking forward to S3M support, as the current MOD support is nice... but kinda restricts the musician. :p

This is all a bit over my head, but if the new support gives you musicians a liitle bit more room then I'm all for it!

:)

Back