Moar Paint Art / Boycotting Big Art Softwares.

@gp32rich: yeah , i also keep elvis, john lennon and various other people in my basement.
And we play cards and smoke cigarette all night long.

but more seriously ; he's more like a spiritual mentor. bahaha.
i think having to listen to his music my whole childhood influenced me in some ways.
Im pretty sure its one of the things that made me develop my love for music and absurdity.

@PoisonedV: and why is that? ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Because hes one of the biggest 'anti-drug' rockers i know, in fact hes one of the biggest 'antis' period

well he never agreed with chemical shit ( i don't agree to )
And he tried marijuana a few times and it did nothing to him.

Im a bit against the use of it for creating though
Unless its a maryjuana themed creation!

I understand your point but then again its more his art than anything else , i wouldnt have 4 kids and call em funky names.

HERE im exploring other styles. ( thats how i keep a variety of styles )
Something improvised on the go AS long with all the "artistic choices".
since most of the other drawings are improvised...

Tadah:
slpt2t.png

'Mr.Gonzo' said:

blah blah blah blah nevermind post edited. but yes, i agree in the end. i still love his music. i can disagree with someone in a thousand different ways and still appreciate the art and the material they make, and on that note your art is awesome (not that i hate you... lol)

Hey Gonzo, do you have a DS with a flash cart? Because I would be interested to see what you could come up with in Colors.

CODE
http://colors.collectingsmiles.com/

Noo i don't have a ds :/...
I thought i would've bin a cool addition to my music making set up ( already have a Gameboy classic ... that i wish to bundle up with an arduino so i can take over my gameboy sound chip from my midi controlers with the ArduinoBoy hack )

( DS have some crazy music apps )

What is color ? Something a bit like painter?
i should really get that software and a tablet. hehe its amazing.

anyway thanks for all the feedback ^^

I like paint tool sai. and graphics gale. and photoshop. and, of course, paint. i love natural-media type art: are you planning on doing anything with simulated natural media stuff? i think it would be awesome

'PoisonedV' said:
Mr.Gonzo said:
blah blah blah blah nevermind post edited. but yes, i agree in the end. i still love his music. i can disagree with someone in a thousand different ways and still appreciate the art and the material they make, and on that note your art is awesome (not that i hate you... lol)
You seem different, maybe nicer? I don't get it.

Wow Gonzo, your art is really great. I agree with whoever earlier said that you should do a webcomic - I think it would be awesome. Even if you did some totally ridiculous stuff along the lines of the ideas that you came up with for Nail's Adventure, I think it would be a big hit.

Consider it. :D

I would really love to !!
I don't know... i just lack the ideas :(
Before i used to pump out tons of ideas out of my head a day for those.
( i know i have tons of archived little comics i did when i was younger , man i started even before web comics became the big thing... more like when Garfield was the big thing! )
Now i just don't know what to do.
I got some really funky characters i invented that could do pretty sweet comics caracters.

And i know if i do a Cartoon about Nail it would end up being a real Comic and not a game.
... That would be pretty amazing too but im not sure gamers would be really happy!

1051udc.png

Thats what it would look like if it was a cartoon.
Exept it would have color...
And be done in a better medium...
And would be inside little boxes stacked in a way to tell a story when read from left to right and up to down...

The cat is interesting rather than LOL!. It tells a story and fills it with loads of character.
It's good, but more of an observation, as you say.

You have a fantastic grasp of the stylised absurd, which is good for a comic, but you need to work on the punchlines ;)
As an artist you need to find a writer. I had expected some of the shining wits around here would give you something to work with :rolleyes:
I really hope that you find someone as it would be a shame to see your talent not get used.

It seems there is a hell of a lot of talent on these boards.

+1 for a webcomic :D

I love XKCD and Cyanide and Happiness style stuff :)
The one about your cat is cute \^_\^

You have some great work on here Gonzo. Keep it up ;)

That's what i was saying , i lost to touch/i don't have ideas for ones anymore.
Back in the days i would just start a story without knowing where it would end up and still end up with a sweet punch line.

Now i only have ideas for long stories or medium lenght one ( better for animation Or full cartoons. )

Last idea i had is about those 3 regular dumb people ( My kind of people! ).
That hears about the Madonna concert being held in their home city.
As they walk down the street they see her singing autographs to the fans grouped around the woman and her bodyguards.
Them they just don't give a damn about her so they just light up a cigarette and say a few bad words about her but from far away Madonna Notices them ( insert Mean piercing look on an eagle in madonnas face here )
Thats where the fun begins.
we actually discover that she is a Morphing Cyborg ( just like in terminator ) and starts running toward the small group ( killing carelessly whats in her way ) Bla bla , the group runs toward their car scared like hell.
" START THE CAR START THE CAR GODDAAMMIIT!!! "
" IM TRYING !!! "
( you see what kind of scene im talking about )
They accelerate like crazy once its done but madonna is running as fast as the car.
They brake and hit her Then accelerate again to hit her in the tigh as she gets up.
as they go away
Madonna regenerates herself and start running after the car again.
Finaly jumps and Stick her claws in the back of the car.
they try to hit her against walls and stuff , but doesnt work.
She climbs on the car stab a few times on the roof of the car and finaly claws the driver ( and main character ) in the face and throw him out of the car.
Car crash , the other two gets out wounded.
The inanimate body of the hero gets back on his feet with half of his face missing just to end up showing that him too is a terminator ( first generation , not the morphing one )
* insert terminator song here *
CURTAIN
TO BE CONTINUED (pause) ...not.

See what i mean for TOO LONG.

That's a good 12-cell story.

Released in three cell strips over three or four days, it would build suspense, until the final scene where the story is explained.

Make a few scenes with these characters and you have a series, and you have such strong characterisation that the scenes will start writing themselves (almost :p)

Pick a different celebrity, different genre - you could stretch this out for months!

You're right!

that's how i think it worked in the past.

Good idea with the multiple strip thing they way the story is built you can actually easily find each suspense endings of each 4 strips.

Whats your job man? ahahah

Back