Mk1

Ronin_T3

Still Fresh
What does it mean when someone says their GP2X is MK1. Also, what does the clocking number mean?

It means not to buy it because the diagonals on the joystick are horrible and the screen looks like crap.

computarman said:
It means not to buy it because the diagonals on the joystick are horrible and the screen looks like crap.
Yeah, because you have it entirely backwards, the Diagonals on the MK1 are bigger than the MK2, and the screen is higher quality too, it is viewable from a much greater angle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said the diagonals were horrible because there is a diagonal bias making the diagonals too easy to accidentally hit. This is not an issue on some games but it makes a lot of games unplayable IMHO.
The screen is a matter of preference. After having owned both the mk1 and now I have the mk2 I think the mk2 screen is much better without as much flicker. Also while the scan lines of the mk1 kinda look more authentic, I think the mk2 screen looks a lot better. Also my mk1 had a vertical line visible on solid colored screens. As for the viewing angle reduction of the mk2 it's just a matter of holding the system at the best angle. Anyway have fun and play whatever you like and or want to buy or not.

Back