Mixing and Matching Debian/Angstrom Libraries

Mr Rob

Hello all:

Lately I've been porting games using Debian on an SD Card. Works well, lots of the compilers and libraries are newer than what one'll find on Angstrom at the moment, plus Debian has more in their ARM repos anyway.

When I package things up, however, I do go through and include all of the used libraries from Debian (found by ldd and LD_DEBUG=libs, works quite well) but obviously results in a PND size much larger than probably necessary.

Is there a straightforward way to determine if some of the Pandora libraries would be perfectly compatible mixing with the Debian ones without simple trial and error? Cutting the PND size down would be nice in some cases.

And yes, first I try compilation on the Pandora, then cross-compiling, and if I don't get anywhere with those is when I whip out Debian; sort of a last result since a bigger PND is probably better than no PND at all.

One more reason for updating the Pandora OS to the newest versions. ^^ I'm not sure how often Linux Libraries are updated but I guess not that often. So the currently used ones in Pandora OS must be REALLY old. :D

Back