Mirroring my Android Tablet display on the TV..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
It's a Nexus 7.. preferably wireless, but I'm not averse to using cables if that's the only option.

If it's the Nexus that's the issue would it be possible with other tablets as I'm planning to trade up soon (NOT for an Ipad)

Not sure that there is any way to do this with a Nexus 7 for games / movies, upgrade to a tablet with HDMI out & you'll have no problem whatsoever.

As for wireless then what wireless inputs have you got on the TV?

I'm basically looking for the most cost effective way of getting a decent Android experience on my TV.. & thought display mirroring may be the way to go, but it seems a little awkward/not really cost effective & a little convoluted (at least with the N7) perhaps I should stick with my original idea & go with the HDMI Mini PC & Air Mouse, option as in my other recent thread.. I'd also considered the Archos TV connect thingy, and have read several reviews of it, but most say that the control is wildly inaccurate & besides it doesn't appear to be on sale anywhere incl Archos's own site. 

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK the Android tablets from Archos have (mini?) HDMI and you can use the tablet as an input device when it is connected to the TV. Even the small 3.5 inch thing could do that. Pretty nice if you ask me. Dunno if the newer models still have that feature though!

Unfortunately, the Nexus 7 doesn't support Miracast.

If you prefer a totaly wireless configuration, you need something like I used in my video.

Hardware :

- LG BP730 Blue-Ray Player with Miracast
- Nexus 4
- iControlpad
- Phillips-TV 42"
- Router Fritzbox 7390
- Repeater, as LAN connection to the player: Fritzbox 7270
- NFC sticker to activate the remote app on the N4.
- GTA III and Mario Kart 64 on Mupen64plus-AE
- iPhone 5 als camera
The LG BP 730 even has integrated WLan, but I prefer the Fritzbox, because of the higher data rates.
Unfortunately I have some sound dropouts sometimes, but can't say what's the cause.

As far as I know, the Nexus 7 has no HDMI out and doesn't support Miracast. For that use, you should consider to change the device.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZWPVgRY_y9E?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back