Miracast?

Garrett

Advanced Member
Can someone bring me up to speed, my Tablet apparantly supports this.. can I do everything on the TV that I would on the Tablet incl gaming? & if so what is the best HDMI stick for the job?

If your TV doesn't have HDCP (High Definition Content Protection), then you can use all the functions, even gaming on your tablet with tv display provided you have a fast Wifi connection and TV which has Miracast internally. No need for HDMI sticks, unless your TV doesn't support Miracast, then look for some external devices on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your TV doesn't have HDCP (High Definition Content Protection), then you can use all the functions, even gaming on your tablet with tv display provided you have a fast Wifi connection and TV which has Miracast internally. No need for HDMI sticks, unless your TV doesn't support Miracast, then look for some external devices on the internet.
My TV doesn't have Miracast.. can you suggest a few devices worth looking at?

My TV doesn't have Miracast.. can you suggest a few devices worth looking at?
I've only tried this one: http://m.tinydeal.com/product/hi763-miracast-dlna-airplay-wifi-display-dongle-for-smartphone-111836?px=20qil

On my tablet, it did a great job with videos, photos. Games were running pretty smoothly with minor lag, but again, depends on how fast is your Wifi.

Don't have experience with other devices, so it would be wrong to suggest something i didn't try myself.

Hopefully, i helped :)

Check the Amazon Fire TV Stick...

Cheap, $19 if you've Prime, about 30 otherwise, all the usual apps, mirror your phone/tablet, and I read this:

Like its rivals, the stick connects to your TV through the HDMI port, enabling you to watch streaming video from a wide variety of sources like Netflix and Amazon Prime. Hardware-wise, there's 1GB RAM, 8GB of storage, dual-band WiFi and, perhaps surprisingly at this price, a dedicated remote control. Naturally, you can also mirror your smartphone and tablet display, both if you're rocking a Fire phone or tablet or a Miracast-equipped device, and you can use app-based voice search with the hardware. Gaming-wise, the Fire TV controller will work with the device

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/27/amazon-fire-tv-stick/

Back