Metal Slug

Phil

FAPPO!
Website
Visit site
Quick overview
In this game you shot at the enemies until they’re all dead through varied levels. All of em, with the obligatory end-of-level boss at the end.

Graphics
Wonderfully detailed graphics with lush backgrounds, destructible buildings, varied enemies, and end-of-level bosses being gorgeous even after being crushed to the ground. 9/10

Music
The music suits it. It makes you feel alive and kick some naxi ass. Also the end level music is always good.9/10

Gameplay
On the surface Metal Slug may just seem like another run of the mill shooters but once you put in that coin you realize you where wrong. This really is one more go gameplay; you can’t not have a good time playing this game. There’s nothing like just barley missing a shot and coming back with a laser. And it’s end levels are always amazing, (MS3 every final level in every game should strive to be that good) .9/10

The Fun Factor
If you looked up fun in the dictionary you’d see Marco laughing like at the end of a level. The thing about this game is that it’s always surprises every time you play it (especially on MS3) with new weapons, items and jokes. There’s nothing like ducking and weaving through a hailstorm of weapon barrage and coming out unscathed. 10/10

Overall
Of course the original has been surpassed by its sequels (except MS4, guh, painful to play). But the original MS still has its charm. With lovely levels bosses and weapons. I can only hope the people are still converting this one to the gp32 but I fear the worse. This game is a necessity to play. It’s a game that’s a minute to learn a lifetime to master.9.5/10

Screw that, let's call it a PC utility :) MS3 on Kawaks is one of the most fun multiplayer games out there. The fifth level... just blew me away. I thought the jungle boss was it and then the twist at the end which leads to like another two levels-worth of gameplay. It's brilliant. So many weapons, vehicles, and the graphics have brilliant background detail which you keep noticing as you play. It's by far the best MS game of the series, so good that it even got ported to Xbox !

the final level in MS3 is what games should try to equal, it's timeless and just gets you so pumped. its just soo unreal! it makes you want to go out and kickass.

Screw that, let's call it a PC utility :) MS3 on Kawaks is one of the most fun multiplayer games out there. The fifth level... just blew me away. I thought the jungle boss was it and then the twist at the end which leads to like another two levels-worth of gameplay. It's brilliant. So many weapons, vehicles, and the graphics have brilliant background detail which you keep noticing as you play. It's by far the best MS game of the series, so good that it even got ported to Xbox !
ARGHHH, i couldnt get it to work on Kawaks, i mustve had a bad version of kawaks, i know the bios were OK tho

EDIT: Sorry Phil, i am a downloading hypocrite, but only coz theres not a hope in hell of me ever getting MSlug3 on my precious

Last edited by a moderator:
Some good news for GBA owners is that a port of the first game has been planned for the GBA eversince E3 and should be coming by this winter, if not sooner.

Back