Metal Slug 3

ozzyfreakdude

Still Fresh
This isn't a problem specific to the Pandora, because the desktop version of gngeo acts in the same way. I figured somebody here might have a clue, though, since it's a pretty popular game.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to get Metal Slug 3 working in GnGeo. I've gotten all of the other Metal Slug games to work, but MS3 just won't cooperate. I've done everything that every thread I could find online has said, and it crashes on me.

Generally the graphics are garbled. That's fine, but even when I use decrypted p and c roms, they're STILL garbled

There's a rom driver which decrypts the graphics itself (mslug3n), which I can get to load the unibios logo without graphic corruption - telling me that I have it decrypted correctly. However, it then crashes.

The xgngeo frontend doesn't display the entire output. The frontend displays the following error message:

Gngeo returned the following message:

Convert tile [*************************************************************

But if I try to launch the rom directly from the terminal (from my desktop), I get more detail:

patrick@Patrick-Desktop:~$ gngeo "/home/patrick/.gngeo/Roms/Testing/mslug3n.zip"

Decrypt GFX [******************************************************************

Convert tile [*************************************************************Segmentation fault

Basically the tile finishes converting, the game tries to launch, and then it crashes with a segmentation fault.

Any ideas? Has anybody gotten it to work at all in gngeo?

This isn't a problem specific to the Pandora, because the desktop version of gngeo acts in the same way. I figured somebody here might have a clue, though, since it's a pretty popular game.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to get Metal Slug 3 working in GnGeo. I've gotten all of the other Metal Slug games to work, but MS3 just won't cooperate. I've done everything that every thread I could find online has said, and it crashes on me.

Generally the graphics are garbled. That's fine, but even when I use decrypted p and c roms, they're STILL garbled

There's a rom driver which decrypts the graphics itself (mslug3n), which I can get to load the unibios logo without graphic corruption - telling me that I have it decrypted correctly. However, it then crashes.

The xgngeo frontend doesn't display the entire output. The frontend displays the following error message:

Gngeo returned the following message:

Convert tile [*************************************************************

But if I try to launch the rom directly from the terminal (from my desktop), I get more detail:

patrick@Patrick-Desktop:~$ gngeo "/home/patrick/.gngeo/Roms/Testing/mslug3n.zip"

Decrypt GFX [******************************************************************

Convert tile [*************************************************************Segmentation fault

Basically the tile finishes converting, the game tries to launch, and then it crashes with a segmentation fault.

Any ideas? Has anybody gotten it to work at all in gngeo?

I think I have gotten all to work but Metal Slug 5. I think the reason 5 crashes is because of how big the rom file is. Could be wrong.

On second thought, I went back to double check on ms5, and it actually does have garbled graphics as well. But not until you're in the game - the neo geo logo isn't garbled at all.

What did you have to do in order to get ms3 working?

Back