Metal Slug 3?

stonerdrifter

Still Fresh
I cant make a gfx dump for metal slug three. it just goes back to the main menu when i try. could anyone point me in the right direction?

Have you tried dumping the gfx on the PC frist? Also the rom could be encrypted ...

Yeah, you should use a rom compatible with Dumpgfx... see the file "romc" of the dumpfgx for compare your rom with the rom of the file. If is only problem with the name of the files of the .zip... change it ;) if not... the rom could be encrypted.

I couldn't get Waku Waku 7 to dump either, and I tried about 5 different "versions." I finally tried a MAME rom, and it dumped the first try, so you might want to use a MAME rom and see what happens. H.G.

What do you mean by MAME rom?
i thought all neo geo roms are MAME roms aswell (since mame emulates Neogeo)

stonerdrifter posted on Mar 29 2006 at 06:09 AM said:
What do you mean by MAME rom?
i thought all neo geo roms are MAME roms aswell (since mame emulates Neogeo)

Let's see if I can explain this without getting "dinged" as I hope it's not in violation of any forum rules to explain this. Anyways, when you find a site with roms on the net they are grouped by category ie, NEO GEO, MAME, NES, ect. The Neo Geo roms are for the Neo Geo console, and the MAME roms are for the MAME machines. That's about it, hope it helps, H.G.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back