Metal Slug 2 With Gngeo2x Glitch

iioo

Still Fresh
I am not sure if this is normal or not but I am getting a strange visual glitch when using Metal Slug 2 on GnGeo2x. The game loads fine but for the very first part of the game (15secs or so) it runs a bit slower and the base of the screen has fuzzy static like distortion. The glitch is about 1/8th of an inch tall and runs all of the width. After getting past the sand part the game runs at full speed but the visual distortion is still at the base. Any ideas how to fix? I have tried a different Rom and still get the same thing and I have also tried redoing the gfxdump.

I use a GP2x F200 model 4.0.

Thanks for any advice.

iioo said:
I am not sure if this is normal or not but I am getting a strange visual glitch when using Metal Slug 2 on GnGeo2x. The game loads fine but for the very first part of the game (15secs or so) it runs a bit slower and the base of the screen has fuzzy static like distortion. The glitch is about 1/8th of an inch tall and runs all of the width. After getting past the sand part the game runs at full speed but the visual distortion is still at the base. Any ideas how to fix? I have tried a different Rom and still get the same thing and I have also tried redoing the gfxdump.

I use a GP2x F200 model 4.0.

Thanks for any advice.
With the screen/fuzzy distortion you're getting it sounds like you have Raster Effects enabled. Just disable it. Get Rage2X if you're not using it already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the response. I currently do use Rage2x for the front end. I will try to disable Raster Effects and see how it turns out.

Back