mem card two slot

Okay, interesting thing.

I just got two 32GB SDHC Cards (class 6) from extrememory.

One doesn't work in any SD Slot (same errors as above) while the other one works - but only in SD Slot 2 (Slot 1 also makes the same errors).

My 8GB SanDisk and 16BG Extrememory cards still work fine and reliable in both slots of my Pandora, so the slots are not broken.

It seems that there's some tolerance issue, I can't explain why one card is not working in any slot and another card of the same size and brand is only working in slot 2.

Is the driver handling power, etc. the SD Cards get?

Maybe there's some issue there?

Is the driver handling power, etc. the SD Cards get?

Maybe there's some issue there?

well it looks like a tolerance of the cards, do they work better if the pandora is plugged in?

i've got a microsd somewhere that works fine in everything, except one usb adapter, which works fine for everythign else aswell, think maybe it's some kind of corner case in the sd card/slots specs?

Just received my OpenPandora today, its awesome, but I too have this problem :S

left SD slot doesnt work, but the right does..

similar output from dmesg..

That's weird, as we use the left slot to flash the firmware.

I remember I had one card that worked well in the first slot but sometimes needed to be put two or three times in the right slot to work... I exchanged the card and had no problems after that.

The card also didn't work properly in different card readers. In some it worked perfect, in some it made errors like hell.

Maybe some cheap cards are at the edge and won't work everywhere?
Funny thing is.. been fiddling with it a bit last night.. when I slightly push it down when inserting it works, but slow and the system hangs...

today I bought a couple of new cards a Sandisk 32GB and a Sony 8GB, they work without problem.. they both work fine..

cards I used yesterday were 1 2 and 4 GB cards from sandisk dane-elec and kingston.. maybe they are just to old ;)

always worked fine in my digicam and GP2x though..

also found a 32MB card which worked fine.. which really is odd as its really old..

Still new cards work fine, so I think the problem is 'fixed' and to be blamed on bad cards (but that does mean the Pandora is rather picky about the cards ;)

Back