Media Center For The Pandora?

mazza558

http://elisa.fluendo.com/

It's quite a popular open-source media center app for Linux, using openGL and all.

screenshot_enlarge_3.png

It would be superbly suited for the pandora as it would show off the unit's graphical prowess and would probably be quite easy to port. Even the interface is perfect for the size of the screen, and as the Pandora has a video-out connector, you could plug it into your TV for a mobile media center.

Apparently it's already been ported to another mobile device, the Samsung Q1 ultra.

Thoughts?

Would probably have to be ported to OpenGL ES 2.0 (if it isn't already), but otherwise it should work.

Looks nice enough, could do with something like that on Pandora. I tried the windows version and it was using near enough 200mb of ram doing nothing so I would hope the linux/portable version was much more efficient.

Elisa is standalone under Windows now afaik. It does load GTK, Pigment, Pigment, and Twisted Libs along with Python interfaces as well the Python interpreter.
Entertainer is also something to look at. While it is not as far along, I like it's Interface a tad bit better.

I really wish one of these projects would switch from python to C/C++. While Python is powerful, it also restricts the overall scope of projects to systems with the resources to spare and when you're talking about HD, those resources become quite used up, especially memory.

Back