Marathon For Gp32

Sheng

Still Fresh
just wondering any chance of a Marathon port to the GP32... since it's open source just like Doom

It makes sense to have it. It would be sooo cool. But it seems that all the devs are maxed out? On what? How many devs do we have?!?

I think the most is to hype on GPX2 to think about anything new for the GP32, give it a while then maybe. ;)

I agree it would be cool, I loved playing in back in the day on MAC OS 7.0. Maybe in my next life I will take up coding...

What is this?

A game?

If so, and I like it and think it`s possible, I may give it a try in Fenix!

EDIT: A 3D shooter? No way of porting that with Fenix :D
And I don`t think anyone else is going to port that...

oh will... just have to wait until someone does... lol

Damn I want Duke Nukem 3d too... is that open source?

Yes, duke3d is open source but you'd have to port it AND the build engine which it is based on and it's alot of work!

As for a port of AlephOne (marathon engine) there is source available but I'm thinking that this would also be a major project!

Sheng posted on Jul 28 2005 at 02:07 PM said:
just wondering any chance of a Marathon port to the GP32... since it's open source just like Doom
For better understanding:

Marathon is a triology of ego shooters of Mac os 7/8/9 made by the team (bungie) that made Halo for XBox later (there are halo demos 4 macs!) cause m$ bought them

Marathon worked flawlessly on 68k macs (25-66 Mhz) in 640x480 speed should not be the problem.

AlephOne is a OpenGL Port of the Marathon source. Brought the game to win and linux.

The source is in c++.

As far as I can see in the code the pics are rendered in 320x240 and blew up to 640x480 cause some 68k macs had a hardware zoom. (looks fine on gp32?)

Problem: GP32 lacks some controls->some features have to be brougt to a "in game menu" etc.
If there are some people (preferrably mac os 9 c++ programmer and arm assembler coders) out there who would like to port, i could help a little. Its too big for one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back