Mame4All 2.4

I tried to run Pulstar but it says "game cannot be run" after loading the rom files. Is there something I have to do in order to have the game work?

originalz said:
I tried to run Pulstar but it says "game cannot be run" after loading the rom files. Is there something I have to do in order to have the game work?

You need the correct ROM (MAME 0.37 Beta 5) and the Neo Geo bios to run Pulstar. The MAME4all archive includes a clearmame.dat file to help converting the ROM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice release!

There are some good speed improvements.

But i'm still having a problem with the wecleman24 rom it plays with the wrong colours is anyone else having this problem????

Could Afterburner and a game called powerplay (basic game but addictive) be possible on any future release?

Keep up the good aork franxis.

Great release Franxis :)

Been away for a few months come back and you got this ported.

In those videos that Anarchy posted is that Mortal Kombat 1 full speed with sound I see?

It looked like it's really full speed. Wonder how MK2 is then, might need 800MHZ clock to get the game running properly. since the DAC chip is used with MK2.

Also you say some games run faster with 2.4, these 2.3 videos look like everything was fullspeed :)

Thanks for the great work this and Snes emulator has sold me on the Wiz.

I can't wait to get the Wiz. It's got a fantastic screen and try this and try the many other emus created by the gods of code hehe :)

Still waiting for the panda though :)

DaveC said:
Neil L said:
Another excellent update. :D
Is there any chance of just vertical scaling on the next release? (For Pacman/Pengo etc. without the bottom of the game screen missing, I can't get on with rotating the Wiz!)

Also is there a way of changing the default volume? (So I don't have to turn it down everytime I start a new ROM)

Is it really that bad rotating to play pacman now? You know it will look like shit scaling it down making the image much smaller and removing information.

+1 on the default volume being able to be configurable.

I just can't seem to get used holding the Wiz sideways, at least we haven't got TV out, I'll have more trouble turning the telly on it's side! :D
I'm glad somebody else is for the default volume aswell.

Could someone please run Mortal Kombat 2 and let me know how it runs please?

Edit: Since no one has had time to look into how MK2,3 run I'll be posting results soon as I recieve my unit :)

do I really have to run that clrmamepro crap on all the roms I have? otherwise when I load up mame it detects the game but whines it's missing files when it's right there in the zip

I just found out that Fairyland Story (both versions) have corrupted graphics on this version (2.4), but they worked fine on 2.3 when they were added as supported games.
Any chance of fixing this on the next release?
Cheers, Neil

Also on the subject of added supported roms in 2.3, why do you have to download the world version rom for Raimais (raimais.zip), but it shows up as Raimais (Japan) in the MAME menu?
Instead of the Japan version (raimaisj.zip)

- New romsets added: Momoko 120% (momoko), Fire Truck (firetrk), Fairyland Story (flstory), Fairyland Story (Japan) (flstoryj),
Kuri Kinton (World) (kurikint), Kuri Kinton (prototype) (kurikina), Play Girls (plgirls), Play Girls 2 (plgirls2), Cuby Bop (cubybop),
Tube-It (tubeit), Raimais (Japan) (raimais).

Neil L can you help me out.....

God knows how many times i have harped on about this on various threads i bet some of you are sick of me goin on about it. :rolleyes:

But considering that you are still tinkering with mame4all 2.4 can you run the wecleman24 rom and let me know if it runs ok??

I look forward to your reply.. :)

I just tried this rom, it runs but 'The colours are completely wrong" as it says on the 'Type OK to continue' screen.
Maybe this will be fixed in the next release?
Cheers, Neil

Neil L said:
I just tried this rom, it runs but 'The colours are completely wrong" as it says on the 'Type OK to continue' screen.
Maybe this will be fixed in the next release?
Cheers, Neil

Thanks for trying,

I know it sounds bad but i'm glad it does the same thing for you i thought it was something i was doing wrong.

i will now wait and see if this can be fixed in the future. :)

Hello All,

Sorry if this is posted somewhere but a search didn't turn up anything.

I have a few roms that go off the screen, I mean part of the action if happening where I can't see it.

Is there a way to rescale the screen so everything is viewable?

I've already posted a comment about it, I take it this is what you mean:

Neil L said:
Another excellent update. :D Is there any chance of just vertical scaling on the next release? (For Pacman/Pengo etc. without the bottom of the game screen missing, I can't get on with rotating the Wiz!)eg:
----------------------------------------------
|....................XXXXXXXX....................|
|....................XXXXXXXX....................| < Wiz screen
---------------------------------------------- X's = Game image
Also is there a way of changing the default volume? (So I don't have to turn it down everytime I start a new ROM)

And it should be fixed in the next release:

Franxis said:
Neil L said:
Is there any chance of just vertical scaling on the next release? (For Pacman/Pengo etc. without the bottom of the game screen missing, I can't get on with rotating the Wiz!)
Yes, i'm pretty sure it will be available in the next version.

Until then you'll have to use one of the 'rotate' options. (Go to the 'Video Aspect' option on the menu and press L or R)
Cheers, Neil

Neil L said:
I've already posted a comment about it, I take it this is what you mean:

I think he means games like Tapper, Rampage etc that just show a tiny portion due to the resolution. Now MAME doesn't scale it down it just crops off most of the screen making it unplayable.

Has anybody noticed how fast Ms. Pacman runs on this version?, but it ran OK on the last version.
I've deleted the .cfg files but it still runs at 100mph! (Unlike the B&W versions of Space Invaders that run painfully slow on this version!)
Is there any way to alter the settings to slow it down?
Cheers, Neil

Franxis said:
Neil L said:

Yes, i'm pretty sure it will be available in the next version.

Did this feature make it into the 2.5 release? I'm really hoping so!

:)

This is an excellent update! If I maybe so rude as to ask for metamorphic force to be added to the next update?

Back