Mame Works, What About Mess?

Tex-Hogger

Still Fresh
Ok,

I know there are Atari 800, and Commodore Emulators for the GP2x, but I would like to see MESS ported. There are alot of good systems that work under MESS. I would enjoty to play some of those old TI, or CC. etc. games. Who knows, maybe even there is a serial port added to the EXT port we could be running a terminal emulator and get a modem and dial up, or even thru a UDS10 on line.

Just some thougts.

Tex-Hogger

I'd love to see MESS ported there are some great old machines on there.

Franxis - reckon you can do it with all your MAME tricks learned?

I'd love to see MESS ported there are some great old machines on there.

Franxis - reckon you can do it with all your MAME tricks learned?

I was actually going to attempt this instead of porting a stand-alone TI 99/4a emu. The emulation for the coco and ti in mess are top notch. I have a dev env setup on my Linux box and downloaded the mess src code. I'm now building zlib and SDL ( I may need expat too ). I'll report back on how things are going. Ideally I'd like to build only particular parts of mess into the exe to save on space but if the memory footprint and binary size aren't too prohibitive it would be easier to keep it as is.

Getting this ported would hopefully bring Atari 7800, Colecovision/Adam, TI 99/4a, and Tandy Coco series. Those are the ones I'm interested in. :)

Also, anyone know of a source module or library for on-screen keyboarding?

EDIT: If someone is already working on porting mess, like possibly Franxis, please post here so there isn't duplication of effort.

~telengard

Last edited by a moderator:
I've updated the "Works in Progress" Wiki adding mess in there.

~telengard

Got SDL going which allowed me to attempt to build xmess...

After some ham-fisted makefile changes and code changes over the past few hours I got it to compile and am now testing running it. I'll start a new thread somewhere once I have something worth showing. :)

I'm targetting Atari 7800 emulation first since I really want to play some Ninja Golf!

~telengard

Last edited by a moderator:
Back