Mame Wip 30/05/2005

hey, thnaks,

i haven't got a gp32 yet, but i would like to buy one,
what do you think, the snes version of puzzle-bubble
goning to run playable on a gp32?

sutőolaj

SNES emulation with sound runs quite slow on the GP32 (so I've heard). However, I've heard games are playable without sound. If you purchase a BLU+ you will need to make sure you get the correct build as the white bar issue is present on some of the SNES emulators.

I've only started using the BLU+ compatible version myself in the last two days and am having problem with loading other games (out of memory error). If I can sort this out, I'll get hold of puzzle bobble and test it out ;).

:)

EDIT: Btw, if your into the older types of game systems (i.e Mega Drive, NES, SMS, etc) your going to love the GP32 :D.

thanks, so much ;>
OFF
i still dont know, to buy a GP32 or not.. it is NOT cheap for me.. about 200 GBP :/

(off topic)
@sutoolaj: I've got Puzzle Bobble running on os9xgp. You have to turn the sound emulation on (it won't work with sound off). It runs slow but is very playable.

EDIT: just remembered, you can also run the Game Gear version of Puzzle Bobble using the beta version fSMS. Runs full speed with sound.

(off topic)
@sutoolaj: I've got Puzzle Bobble running on os9xgp. You have to turn the sound emulation on (it won't work with sound off). It runs slow but is very playable.

White Demon

Are you running Os9xgp on a BLU or BLU+?

I'm running on an original BLU.

Wasn't there a BLU+ fix release of os9xgp recently? I think I heard something but can't remember, since I have on original BLU it doesn't matter to me.

Anyway, like I said, fSMS will run the GG version (and so will drSMS once the GG code is implememented) so you at least can run some version of Puzzle Bobble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wasn't there a BLU+ fix release of os9xgp recently? I think I heard something but can't remember, since I have on original BLU it doesn't matter to me.

I tried this version but it generated "Out of memory..." errors on every game I loaded :(.

@sutoolaj: If you get a BLU+ (which you probaby will, unless you buy of eBay) then you "may" be out of luck for SNES emulation. However, as White Demon suggested, Puzzle Bobble works well on fSMS.

I tried this version but it generated "Out of memory..." errors on every game I loaded :(.

@sutoolaj: If you get a BLU+ (which you probaby will, unless you buy of eBay) then you "may" be out of luck for SNES emulation. However, as White Demon suggested, Puzzle Bobble works well on fSMS.

hey, are the gp32s of gbax.com blu+?

oh yeah, thanks ;>
can we hope to have a snes emu? :eek:

Who knows, maybe one day :unsure:. Going by what others have said, if we were to have one, it would still be fairly slow (with sound). I haven't been on the scene long but I don't miss not be able to run any SNES emulators. I guess time will tell.

oh yeah, thanks ;>
can we hope to have a snes emu? :eek:

Who knows, maybe one day :unsure:. Going by what others have said, if we were to have one, it would still be fairly slow (with sound). I haven't been on the scene long but I don't miss not be able to run any SNES emulators. I guess time will tell.

Theoretically it is probably possible to get full speed SNES with sound on the GP32. However it would have to be highly optimised ASM in every area. It would have to be mostly from scratch (no PC ports) and tailored to the GP32 Processor and hardware. It would have to be done basically the same way that Reesy did his MD emu. In fact if Reesy was as big of a SNES fan as he is a Sega fan we would probably have an awesome SNES emu by now :p So yes it is possible, but given the amount of work needed it is unlikely.

Back