Making Copies Of Vhs Or Vhs To Dvd

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
Ok, so Im somehow obtaining a rental of the coveted film "we cut heads", spike lee's first film he made in film school. I would love to make a copy of it, but all I have is a vhs player, dvd player, dvd/vhs combo drive, and a computer with dvd burning capabilitities. I was wondering if anyone here knew of a way to burn to dvd or make a vhs copy of this film either at home, or if they could recommend a place to make vhs copies, as these places MUST exist somewhere.

not to sure dude

i remember a shop ages ago that used to do for like a tenner but im sure thats not that much good to you

im interested a bit my self i'll take a look i see what i can find for you

im assuming one of you VHS players is a recorder

to make a copy just scart the combi unit into the VHS player and you should be able to record from it as a source like youre recording a tv programme

If the rental video is an original it may have 'macrovision' protection.

You can tell pretty easily by trying the scart trick mattmagoo mentioned above - if the copy produces a distorted picture or you notice it getting lighter and darker at regular intervals then macrovision is the culprit. You would need a gadget to screen out this interference to make a decent copy.

So if your struggling to copy it try google-ing on 'macrovision' and 'remover'
(best not link to anything as these gadgets are designed to remove copy protection making them illegal in most western countries...)

You could buy a TV tuner or one of those video-in->USB dongles. They run about $10 and are generally plug and play with some software.

iignotus posted on Feb 22 2006 at 02:31 PM said:
You could buy a TV tuner or one of those video-in->USB dongles. They run about $10 and are generally plug and play with some software.
im not sure what you mean by this...

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 22 2006 at 04:16 PM said:
iignotus posted on Feb 22 2006 at 02:31 PM said:
im not sure what you mean by this...
Er, I made that suggestion with the assumption that you would have a DVD burner... to put the movie onto... once you record it onto your hard drive.

Too off-course?

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 22 2006 at 04:50 PM said:
no i do. My laptop has a pretty good burner. In fact im using it as I type.
Perhaps $10 was a bit off, but I meant one of these:

http://www.usbgear.com/computer_cable_deta...catid=614%2C125

Choose whichever one suits your VCR. I hear they work very well, but I have no first-hand experience.

oh now i know what you mean.

yeah I have heard about those too but Im probably too stupid to know which one to buy. Plus, I think investing in a dvd recorder would be better

Ah man what a task ;)

Back